PO: RADIOHEAD - The King of Limbs

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would've bought those day of for the full $11.98 retail price if the artwork was full. No idea why they pressed 12" w/ 5" artwork.

I hate always having to gripe about something that some band/label should have done about particular releases but I 100% agree with you here.

Agreed! I can't help but feel that they either couldn't be bothered to get full resolution scans of the original artwork, or weren't allowed to somehow. What it appears we got are images from CD covers... and a whole lot of brown-ness surrounding them (though the foil letters are kinda nice).

I would've bought those day of for the full $11.98 retail price if the artwork was full. No idea why they pressed 12" w/ 5" artwork.

yeah, it kinda sucks they kept them so small. at least they come with a 5" sticker of the artwork.

yeah, it kinda sucks they kept them so small. at least they come with a 5" sticker of the artwork.

The stickers were pretty much the only part my girlfriend liked about them. She doesn't care about vinyl but I buy her some anyways. But I still bought her all 12 of them.

My guess is that Stanley and Thom own the original art and didn't give it to Parlophone/Capitol for the re-releases.

In defense of the singles, though, they are actually pretty sweet. They're the only thing I've allowed myself to purchase from the Radiohead "Capitol Vault" cash-grab. Despite the small art, the Radiohead logo is embossed and shiny. The sleeve is made of a nice heavy brown "recycled-feel" stock. They look nice on a shelf next to each other the way the little art wraps around the spines. Also the records are 180(ish) gram and are 45 rpm. Things could have been a lot worse.

It finally came in and I'm really happy with it! :)

Also, I picked up the Paranoid Android and Karma Police EP's at the HT clearance sale for $3.20 a piece :D

The stickers were pretty much the only part my girlfriend liked about them. She doesn't care about vinyl but I buy her some anyways. But I still bought her all 12 of them.

My girlfriend also likes the artwork.

got this today....i hate when u have to rip open a bag to get whats inside especially when its part of the overall package...

This was the one thing I hated about the package. Would have been great if it had a resealable flap. I sliced one of the sides with a razor to open mine. Oh well, guess they wanted it to be as close to a Sunday paper as possible.

On the subject of the 12" singles, I would totally buy them for $8 a piece. But my store sells them for upwards of $20. The staff are such scrotums.

Jesus! $20 each, Are you kidding me?!?! These are on clearance at most shops I go to. I have seen whole sets sell in the $60-$70 range on ebay.

There's a lot more to the newspaper from the package than the free one.

thanks, i think i'm gonna crack this open and spin it finally. i hate to even open it.

edit: this is a very clean sounding clear record set. 2x10" at 45RPM. very nice. it's a bummer being a single pocket jacket, could have easily done a gatefold. my main gripe with this is just the length of the album.

8 songs. it feels more like a long EP than a full album. is that their intention? i read through the newspaper when listening to the album. it was a cool idea, and it was strange they thanked Drew Barrymore in the credits. anyone know what significance she has to the album/band?