If you were to open a restaurant...

What would your restaurant be like?

It's always been a dream of mine. When my fiance finishes school I'm going back to major in business and hopefully open a restaurant. My idea (feel free to steal) is to open a restaurant on a college campus that specializes in macaroni and cheese.

I've always been a macaroni and cheese purist. The idea of some orange powder in a box makes me sick. So yeah, my restaurant would be all the wonderful ways you make macaroni and cheese. Finding new ways etcetera. Basically you'd go in and order a bowl made from scratch, choose your cheese or cheeses, toppings, etc.

Over the yeasr I've made some mean combos so we'd have specials like:

-Tacoroni and cheese (spiced beef, pork, or chicken, salsa, macaroni and cheese

-BBQ-porkoroni and cheese

-Macaroni and Breeze (made with Brie, diced apples, prosciutto)

-Buffalo wing macaroni and cheese (with shredded spicy chicken and bleu cheese sauce)

Have house-made pasta and all kinds of cheese. Gorgonzola, bleu, smoked gouda, extra-sharp cheddar. College kids would go ape shit for it.

So anyway, that's my dream. How bout ya'll?

I would open a clone of Black Bear in Pittsburgh:

http://www.blackbearburritos.com/

It's nothing mind blowing

Fixed that for ya my friend. Haha, I love that place, and best of all you can get Mountain St. beer on tap (from Thomas, WV). But yeah, their food is delicious, the beer is amazing, and one of the only reasons to visit morgantown. Luckily I know a decent amount of people in Morgantown, so there is always somebody who wants to grab food from Black Bear when I'm in town.

I'd move somewhere else and open up a mexican restaurant. a real one with old ladies making homemade tortillas in a window. enchiladas made the right way (not made and put in a pan to cook all at once), black beans, not refried, lengua, barbacoa, menudo, homemade sopapillas, flan, horchata, etc. etc. every mexican restaurant i've been too outside of central to south texas has been crappy. I'd make a killing on the East Coast or Central US. And of course breakfast tacos from 6am - 11pm. Oh and Chips and Salsa would be free! And we'd have a Panaderia next door.

I would want to open a bar rather then restaurant. Something where movies are played in it, with minimal sports (even though i like sports). With a jukebox like the Cobra Lounge in Chicago. I wouldnt want it to be an ironic "dive bar", it would be nice, but not like top of the hub nice. With drinks that are strong called "The Inception", or wimpy drinks called Lolita, etc. Every saturday night have a showing, etc.

I would open a clone of Black Bear in Pittsburgh:

http://www.blackbearburritos.com/

It's nothing mind blowing

Fixed that for ya my friend. Haha, I love that place, and best of all you can get Mountain St. beer on tap (from Thomas, WV). But yeah, their food is delicious, the beer is amazing, and one of the only reasons to visit morgantown. Luckily I know a decent amount of people in Morgantown, so there is always somebody who wants to grab food from Black Bear when I'm in town.

Nice! Yeah, my g/f is from WV and we stop there almost every time we go and visit her family.

My friends and I want to open a place called Halfsies that specializes in sandwiches, soups, and salads. It'd be kind of cafeteria/buffet style. The special part is that you can buy the sandwiches and wraps by the half, so you can try more stuff. If you can't decide between the turkey club or the buffalo wrap, you can have both! The idea was born out of our inability to decide between several delicious sounding things on a menu.