Brand New - TDAGARIM purple LP?

What ever happened with this? I was under the impression that AFS had it pressed and that the band planned on selling it themselves. However, I thought that fell through and nothing ended up happening with them. Fast forward several months, and there are a few copies randomly popping up on ebay?

Did I miss something? I check this site daily and never was the Brand New thread bumped or a new one made mentioning this.

http://music.shop.ebay.com/Records-/306/i.html?_nkw=brand+new+devil+god&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

???

can't believe the black /200 just sold for $27. really surprised that the price of that version hasn't skyrocketed yet.

It probably will eventually

it feels like there are more than 200 out there

How much nicer is the AFS version than the Triple Crown version? I'm not usually one to buy more than one copy of a record but if it's a world of difference I'll do it.

MUCH nicer!

Things I've noticed- The jacket is much higher quality print. The cover pic looks much sharper and deeper blacks.

You get the booklet that was in the CD, and the records are in a nice flood black slip.

Also the sound quality on the 180gram is definitely noticeable.

I took the lyric sheet out of my TC one and put it in there, now it's complete :)

SRC- You can't ship that record out to Australia can you?

How much nicer is the AFS version than the Triple Crown version? I'm not usually one to buy more than one copy of a record but if it's a world of difference I'll do it.

I listened to each side about twice over between both releases, and decided I like the Triple Crown release more. Sounds less compressed. Honestly, neither one sounds all that much better than the CD, which is disappointing, but the MTS pressing keeps a lot of the clipping distortion from the CD master. And honestly, the packaging isn't all that different. The MTS jacket is a liiittle thicker, and there's a duplicate of the CD booklet full of grainy pictures, but the Triple Crown version has the lyrics sheet. The jacket is almost completely identical.

it feels like there are more than 200 out there

Yea I know, I got mine from SRC way after the pre-order for them was sold out.

I dont think there were more than 200. What tends to happen to us often is people pay with E-check and it fails. Or a lot of times with big pre-orders there are people who try to use stolen credit cards. So between pre-order date and when they actually ship out, we tend to have about 10-20 records, per 200 in which payment doesn't actually go through for.

my bf doesn't collect records, but he was going through mine one day just to look at the packaging (he's a designer) and he liked the triple crown packaging better. i only mention it because most people on here flip out about the AFS version is sooooo superior, when i think there's pretty negligible differences.

I think the only reason people make a big deal about how much better the AFS version is because AFS says so. Other people just read off all the differences that were listed on the site as if they know what they're talking about. I'll be first to say I don't notice much difference in sound, and the packaging overall is pretty similar, though I don't know a whole lot about it. I still like the feel of the AFS better, and I'm glad I have one of both.

• 2 weeks later...