The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you didnt know already if you went to..

edit/preferences/advanced and then check keep folder organized on your itunes it would help you out

oh, no its not like that. when i downloaded the zip folder from the download card, i extracted it and all the files came out without track numbers in front of the song title. and then it said the color of the ep after the song title. and instead of track numbers in the tags being 1-4 it was 1-36, so it was one continuous CD instead of 9 EPs. So i had to put each color into seperate folders, add the track number to the song title, remove the color from the title, and change the track number in the tags. it was kind of a bitch. i wish i wasnt so OCD about my music. i just always hated when i look at peoples ipods and they have like 6 of the same artist just because they dont care about capitalization or anything. or one artist but then the CD is broken up into like 8 seperate folders. UGH!!!

i see what your getting at and i know how you feel about being OCD about the EPs lol but yah itunes shouldve made a separte folder if you had made like a "Red EP, etc"

FINALLY!!!! At least now i know im not crazy. my GF and my friends think im stupid for being like that with my music files. it just makes everything alot moe organized and cleaned up.

They'll understand if they really want to listen to an album/song while driving but can't find it because there's 4 files of the same freakin' artist. Damn that would piss me off enough to the point where I'd get home and change it.

I keep my iTunes immaculately organized too, but I kept this tagged as "The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection." With tracks 1-36 and the color in parentheses after each track. Less tedious to listen to, in my opinion. I think of it more as an album and less of a collection of EPs and if you tag them as Black, Red, Orange, etc. iTunes puts them in alphabetical order and it screws up the flow. I also tagged each section with its own color artwork. Fancy.

that's what i did too.

I keep my iTunes immaculately organized too, but I kept this tagged as "The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection." With tracks 1-36 and the color in parentheses after each track. Less tedious to listen to, in my opinion. I think of it more as an album and less of a collection of EPs. If you tag them as Black, Red, Orange, etc. iTunes puts them in alphabetical order and it screws up the flow. I also tagged each section with its own color artwork. Fancy.

While I can see that approach, I'm personally not a fan of the (Color) after the track name. Just my preference. I also quickly decided that the order of the EPs are irrelevant, after the first "complete" listen or three. I have a hunch that I'll be playing certain EPs on certain days, with certain moods.

I was also a little skeptical about breaking down the Spectrum into separate EPs, but then I realized that it doesn't entirely matter from an alphabetical standpoint. All of their other albums begin with the word "Act:", so they're in proper sequence before all the colors. At this point, I'm just selecting whatever EP I'm in the mood for, by glancing at the album art and recalling standout tracks or the general vibe.

I also made a specific playlist for the whole thing, in order, for whenever I'm in a purist mood. But I see myself revisiting certain colors more than the two-hour spectrum in one sitting.

But the individual album art is totally the way to go. So nice.

And I just wanted to chime in that I, too, am disgustingly OCD about my iTunes and iPod organization. A lot of people won't care or ever understand; just know that you guys aren't alone.

I kept this tagged as "The Color Spectrum: Complete Collection." With tracks 1-36 and the color in parentheses after each track. Less tedious to listen to, in my opinion. I think of it more as an album and less of a collection of EPs. If you tag them as Black, Red, Orange, etc. iTunes puts them in alphabetical order and it screws up the flow.

I did the same thing!

Also, I don't really feel like I can complain about the popping noises anymore. It hasn't been too bad throughout the whole thing. It just happens to be the worse during like... the 2 quietest EP's, haha.

AbsoFUCKINGlutley loved the whole entire thing though. I didn't even know something this good could exist. 36 perfect songs? My god!

Yeah, it's so good pretty much makes me lose all hope as an artist. I've struggled a lot of my adult life to put out music that I would consider "decent." The fact that this guy can put out 36 consistently awesome tracks in one go blows my mind and makes me want to give up.

This! ha. I remember when my friend and i were discussing this concept with Casey, he told us a lot of people didn't think he would actually complete it. Now look! haha

GOOD NEWS! MD is going to send me a new color spectrum set, i just have to send back the damaged one once i get it. They are including a return slip with the new vinyl. =) I think that means i have an extra download code if anyone wants it... even though i know everyone here already has it.