Urban Outfitters Clearance (and Stealing Stuff)

we had this discussion over at TV last week.

i love urbans clothes... but i can only afford them when theyre dirt cheap on sale.

their vinyl selection is laughably atrocious.

They probably figure it doesn't matter what's in their selection since the majority of the hipsters shopping there are just going to frame their vinyl anyways. Haven't you heard? COOL people have lots of "vintage" stuff haha. I have to say though, I'm guilty of liking UO myself. I want tons of their prints and I'm actually a fan of lomography cameras. Gotta agree with the clothes, they've got nice stuff but to hell with affording it.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is however ridiculously easy to steal from UO, and I have picked up several records in this manner...

seriously? haha.

yeah. I had a bag from hot topic with some records in it... walked into Urban Outfitters, looked through the vinyl, picked a couple out, and walked to the back of the store and put them in the hot topic bag, and walked out

This is all the stuff from the sale section of their website, so I'm assuming these titles are marked down in-store, too:

(Snip)

Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire De Melody Nelson - http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=20098208

I need a copy of MELODY NELSEN in the worst way, I will swing by and see if this is on super sale.

Went by two Urban Outfitters today looking for sale vinyl and completely struck out. I brought MELODY NELSEN up to the counter for a price check and it rang up at full price, so I passed on it. I'm sure it will be in clearance soon enough -- I can't imagine that's a big ticket item at UO.

seriously? haha.

yeah. I had a bag from hot topic with some records in it... walked into Urban Outfitters, looked through the vinyl, picked a couple out, and walked to the back of the store and put them in the hot topic bag, and walked out

Wait seriously??? I feel bad accepting free samples, I think its just my weirdness.

congrats on the job and gap clothing. i myself had to splurge at dillards after graduating college haha. yeah vans and levis don't work so well.

will have to check for sales at UO had no idea they put vinyl on clearance.

Hey thanks. So far, dude, you're one of the nicest people on this board. Then you say some weird thing afterward but nevertheless, keep it up. This place needs some niceness.

seriously? haha.

You can't do that. That isn't yours.

You know when someone tries to argue pirating music by asking, "Would you go into the store and steal the album from the shelves?" Do you answer "yes"?

You can't do that. That isn't yours.

You know when someone tries to argue pirating music by asking, "Would you go into the store and steal the album from the shelves?" Do you answer "yes"?

if it were as easy as music piracy, yes.

ok, so my previous post makes me look like an asshole.

i posted "^yeah probably" at the same time that grammar police responded to me... making it look like i was the jackass saying "yeah, of course you like me"

i actually meant that id steal records if it was as simple as stealing mp3s.