Most Overrated Movie?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and I also thought "Amélie" was lame as Hell

Shush your mouth! That was a great film. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion and not like it but call it lame?...Yikes dude...you're harshing my mellow.

Hahaha, yeah it's my buddy's favorite movie and I can't stand it. My favorite movie is Predator, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Hey man...Predator is pretty fuckin' awesome!

it's also as shallow as most cheeseball action movies. man, now i want to watch it though.

see, now this thread has got way off track.. now it's about movies people just don't like. i can say i don't like "waterworld" but most people didn't like waterworld, there fore it was not overrated.

can we get back on track on overrated movies.

Donnie Darko is a perfect example. it has a cult following, yet i just couldn't get into it. And for some reason this movie is something i feel i need to watch again. i wasn't really paying much attention the first time around and for some reason the hype soured me. but i really do think in this instance i really didn't give it much of a chance in the first place. may need to watch again.

or true lies? or die hard movies. awesome but cheezy. or big trouble in little china.

crap off topic again. i tried thinking of one but cant....what about rocky? i mean people go crazy over rocky. maybe not

rocky was actually really good. it wasn't till rocky 2 till it started going downhill as far as content. actually 2 is pushing it.. 3 for sure though. and 4.. well 4 was so commercial they were selling shirts at popeyes for the movie. total gimmick. thought i do love me some popeye's chicken. not to mention they were playing off the whole "COLD WAR" schtick during the time.

I disagree with a lot of the picks, most strongly with On the Waterfront, one of the best Hollywood movies of the 50s, that film is perfect and should be rated as high as can be.

My candidate, off the top of my head: Number one on the IMDb top 250, Shawshank Redemption. One prison movie cliche after another, and the whole thing feels really fake, the manipulation is just a tad too cheap. I enjoy watching it though, but mostly for the two amazing leads.

Boy do I hate Tarantino movies, and it's not even about the dialogue. He seems to pick retarded angles, too, and even just the look of his films bug me.

Donnie Darko is a pretty stupid movie that lots of people obsess over for some reason.

Anything Tarantino does is overrated. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were good, but not great movies. His pretentiousness bursts through the dialogue, kind of like the way Kevin Smith's character dialogue does. Kill Bill was an awful, awful set of movies. The "suspense" of Inglorious Basterds didn't work on me, and I couldn't buy into the WWII revisionism. I just thought it was a boring, awful, drawn out movie, yet of course, everybody else loved it.

There were only two movies that I was close to walking out of: The Village and Inglorious Basterds. Now that's some good company for Q.

Skipping things like Avatar and Titanic...

Pulp Fiction

Trainspotting

The Big Lebowski

Fight Club

Those three are what come to mind. But, after doing some research, I'd go with any movie that has the f-word in it over 100 times (though obviously, not all of them are overrated): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_that_most_frequently_use_the_word_%22fuck%22

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':sutlbtbm]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':sutlbtbm]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');