VARIANT COLLECTORS LOOK HERE

As albums like RAR and Sink Or Swim continue to prove their selling power, they will be pressed on vinyl by whoever owns the rights to them at any given point. Much like any number of classic rock records, there will be numerous licenses, reissues, remasters, etc over the years.

Investing money and time into all of these different versions, when you could have been buying copies of other albums in the meantime, will assure you the equivalent to a box of Journey LPs in the future.

Enjoy your short-sighted nature. I am rich with knowledge.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with less variants more new records, but hey to each his own
I don't see how pressing different colors = less new records.

thats not what I meant you cum licker, youre an idiot

personal consumption, id rather buy more new records than buy the same record twelve times

i was talking to a friend last night who very very casually buys vinyl, and we got on the topic of variants. while i even admit that its dumb for someone whos as bad with money as i am to collect variants, he still laughed at me when i said i have 3 copies of emery the weaks end.

Still not getting why variant collectors not only do what they do, but come out and defend themselves. You're free to do what you like with the money you earned, so go ahead and buy those 3 new colors of that Four Year Strong record so you can lay them on your floor, take a picture, and put them on your shelf forever, but don't waste time writing up a defense, like burning hundreds of dollars on bullshit is a noble pursuit.

As albums like RAR and Sink Or Swim continue to prove their selling power, they will be pressed on vinyl by whoever owns the rights to them at any given point. Much like any number of classic rock records, there will be numerous licenses, reissues, remasters, etc over the years.

Investing money and time into all of these different versions, when you could have been buying copies of other albums in the meantime, will assure you the equivalent to a box of Journey LPs in the future.

Enjoy your short-sighted nature. I am rich with knowledge.

I never thought about it that way before

deep thoughts!