BTBAM • The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up with trans green. I don't know the color of the other copy I got which is sealed and being sold to another member here but I'm assuming its green. Its weird because the only picture I saw of it prior to buying it was a green one so I was expecting green since I just generally assumed they'd all be green but its weird to think that it could have easily been any of the other colors. I spun this while passing out last night and its really pretty amazing. I don't love the vocals and I really don't hate them either but the music is so abundantly colorful that it makes it a real treat for my synesthesia. Either way, the vocals definitely add a texture to the rest of the tones and I was so sleep deprived while I was listening that when I closed my eyes the music created some very interesting trip-like pre-dream images in my head.

I got the clear. Looks really nice.

Anybody listen to it yet? I like it but its not as good as the Great Misdirect or Colors.

I think it sounds good. Nothing will top Colors for me but I really enjoy this EP. TGM was good, but I really enjoy this much more.

Definitely not a disappointment thats for sure but just different. I actually really liked the great misdirect probably more then this but then again I like their early work a lot too but it would be pretty hard to top Colors.

I don't love the vocals and I really don't hate them either but the music is so abundantly colorful that it makes it a real treat

Keep at it, man. I know that you've got a pretty open mind when it comes to music. I initially turned down the band on account of the vocals, as I was rather musically naïve in my youth. Very glad I revisited them a couple of years back. I feel like they're leaps and bounds beyond a lot of metal acts, today. If the EP continues to grow on you, I can't recommend Colors and The Great Misdirect, enough. Notably the former: such an amazing audible journey.

The green is a mighty snazzy color, I must say.

• 4 years later...