No Records For A Month...

I actually held off from any orders recently for maybe a month and then at the end of February, I exploded and bought the shit out some records. I really wish I was rich. And there are like 4 more OOP expensive ones readily available right now that I've been dying to get and I struggle every day between wanting to snag them and knowing I can't afford it and the fear that they'll be gone by the time I can afford them.

Who's with me?

It's what you collect, why limit yourself? Seems silly to me. If it's within your means do it. What does it matter if you take a month off then the next month blow your wad catching up on stuff? You're going to spend the same amount anyhow.

i'm very specific about the titles i order, so as far as i'm concerned i'm happy with where i am for this month and there arent any new releases i'm looking for untill rsd.

most of what i buy are older purchases, and i hunt for represses or ex oop's that tend to cost me an arm and a leg.

i'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how much i will save after all of this.

i'm gunna throw the savings twards that new lips box set comming out next month.

I keep telling myself to slow down but it's an endless cycle of buying everything I can afford at the time then constantly putting off certain things until the next month. there's just no catching up with music.

yeah same here. its like well i have the money but man i need a pair of glasses. i need to get my windows tinted on ma new car. ugh i got a new car. etc etc. its just im like oh $10 here $12 there and it all adds up.

i need to catch up on cleaning my records anyway

Yea the last couple months have been pre-order bundle heaven aka California forest fire in my checking account.

Transit - Something Left Behind 180g bundle

MOB - The Absolute Worst 7" /200 White (Poster Sucks FYI) bundle

TWIABPAINLATD - Josh is Dead 7" /74 bundle

Bright Eyes - The People's Key /2000 bundle

+ 8 others

I did find the autographed copy of Bright Eyes at Finders Records here in Bowling Green....so I guess that pays for all of this and more :]

what are you using to clean them?

Borrowed this from my dad. I bought a lot of thick outer sleeves (3 mil iirc) and nice "rice paper" inner sleeves. I don't use inner sleeves until I have cleaned the record. I read it is like taking a shower and putting dirty clothes back on.

Anyway I also read records, if taken care of, should need only one good cleaning. When listening I plan to use carbon fiber brush before and after each side (haven't bought a cartridge yet, I know I'm sad, thus the plan to!)

[image]

what are you using to clean them?

Borrowed this from my dad. I bought a lot of thick outer sleeves (3 mil iirc) and nice "rice paper" inner sleeves. I don't use inner sleeves until I have cleaned the record. I read it is like taking a shower and putting dirty clothes back on.

Anyway I also read records, if taken care of, should need only one good cleaning. When listening I plan to use carbon fiber brush before and after each side (haven't bought a cartridge yet, I know I'm sad, thus the plan to!)

[image]

This is interesting. Where do you get something like that? I may have to get some of those rice paper sleeves as well, and do some cleaning..