dark ass beer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive never been a fan of dark beer, but at a brewfest i went to, they were serving a 9% triple black stone IPA. probably helps that i love just about any IPA, but it was glorious.

i have a hard time taking sam adams seriously at this point... the mass. market is pretty much flooded with it, so it seems as standard as bud light to me.

but then theres white ale- one of the greatest beers of all time, and im so effin stoked its back this year.

i have a hard time taking sam adams seriously at this point... the mass. market is pretty much flooded with it, so it seems as standard as bud light to me.

but then theres white ale- one of the greatest beers of all time, and im so effin stoked its back this year.

their seasonal beers are pretty good, but the plain ol sam is meh.

it's better than anything AB puts out, tho.

oh, absolutely. but like i was sayin, around here people drink them nearly as commonly. and while all their seasonals are great tasting beers, they usually dont match up to other companies' similar styles. (long trail ftw)

What 18% did you have that was good? I've had the Dogfish Head 18% Raison d'extra which is a dark ale, and honestly, it was terrible. It was way too thick and alcoholic. And this is coming from someone who loves Old Rasputin.

Surprisingly, the new Guinness that recently came out over here, Foreign Extra I think, is totally delicious.

Also, Ten Fidy.

Highland oatmeal porter is fucking delicious and I will fight anyone who says different.

What 18% did you have that was good? I've had the Dogfish Head 18% Raison d'extra which is a dark ale, and honestly, it was terrible. It was way too thick and alcoholic. And this is coming from someone who loves Old Rasputin.

Surprisingly, the new Guinness that recently came out over here, Foreign Extra I think, is totally delicious.

Also, Ten Fidy.

I had that a couple years ago in the Caribbean. It tasted like Guinness and rotten fruit. Can I assume it tastes better now?

Also, Ten Fidy.

The 18% beer was called, "Pineapple Express" (yep.) from Flying Monkey. They were having a tasting at Chancey Smiths in London on SPD. It was unfiltered, but pretty well balanced for the high alcohol content. They're aiming for a 50+ % beer, and this is a good starting point.

Also, Ten Fidy.

Ten Fidy is in my top 10 Beers of all time. Local Brews in utah are owning right now.

i wish we could all meet up and have a beer tasting party... full of dark beers.

im bias to guinness but it's my beer of choice or fallback beer in most cases. i drink that shit like water though.

Kinda of a YOUNGS fan myself.

and did anyone have the SAM ADAMS TRIPLE BOCK when it was in season? holy fuck 14% and tasted like ass. i seriously couldn't drink the bottle in less than 30 minutes. it was sweat/sour/ and burnt all in one. total waste of $30 for a six pack.. ugh.