PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

I saw Deftones in Detroit last night.

I think they played 4 songs from Adrenaline, 2 from Around the Fur, 8 from White Pony, 3 from Deftones, and 5 from Diamond Eyes. Not a SINGLE song from Saturday Night Wrist. Bogus. Then a huge shirtless motherfucker with dreadlocks tried to pick my pocket during the encore. Also fucking bogus.

I saw Deftones in Detroit last night.

I think they played 4 songs from Adrenaline, 2 from Around the Fur, 8 from White Pony, 3 from Deftones, and 5 from Diamond Eyes. Not a SINGLE song from Saturday Night Wrist. Bogus. Then a huge shirtless motherfucker with dreadlocks tried to pick my pocket during the encore. Also fucking bogus.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2011/first-avenue-minneapolis-mn-4bd38b0e.html

same here. no SNW love at all, and it bugs me. they keep playing my least favorite songs from Deftones too (Hexagram and Minerva). i wanna hear Needles And Pins, Deathblow and Battle-Axe, dammit!

i thought their setlist/show was better last year for the first leg of Diamond Eyes touring. i think i'm finally at the point where i'm tired of seeing them and i'm done with seeing the "greatest hits" setlist. Chino kept screaming out parts of songs, skipping lyrics. that shit has always drove me nuts over the years and last year everything was right on. this year, it seems like he's a jackass and doing it during every song.

my friend saw this set:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2011/ogden-theatre-denver-co-3bd3904c.html

lucky bastard! every set has been more like ours but i would have been really happy with this one.

i'm torn. 25 times is definitely enough times to have seen a band but now i'm thinking it might be time to stop bothering. >:(

I get that they want to leave SNW out of the sets but they should at the very list play "Cherry Waves." That song deserves to be played.

and Beware (!!!), Kimdracula and Combat....

I would have loved "Deathblow," probably my favorite song on Deftones. Though, "Anniversary of an Uninteresting Event" would be kind of awesome to hear, too, but that's probably just me. I know they aren't likely to play it.

They should have played "Hole In The Earth," "Beware," and "Cherry Waves," and "Combat." I really thought at one point that they were going to play the latter. Oh well.

And I've seen Deftones before and been unimpressed, but they fucking killed it. Vocals were spot on, at least as far as I could tell at the front of the stage.

I clip my keys to my pocket over my wallet. I felt the keys move (motherfucker somehow unclipped them), reached back and felt my wallet starting to slip. I threw myself back into him, kind of shouldered him into the crowd, and shoved myself a couple people away. He didn't have room to swing at me. I just kinda made my way through the crowd toward the back, because it was during the encore and I had to make water anyway. He didn't follow. You know, I've never had anything like that happen to me at a show before. You just don't expect that kind of behavior at a rock concert, or in Detroit.

I saw this last year:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2010/the-rave-milwaukee-wi-3d4c18f.html

It was goddamn amazing.

Saturday's Chicago set left plenty to be desired apparently. I wasn't there. I had a ticket but couldn't go. The setlist makes me feel quite a bit better about not being able to make it. Still I can't wait til the next time I can see them. Probably gonna be at Lolla.

got this set list last year w/ Baroness, i was pretty happy with it:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2010/house-of-blues-lake-buena-vista-fl-3d5fd17.html

and this was the first time i saw them which included a "say it aint so" cover,

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2000/bicentennial-park-miami-fl-33d7a465.html

i like this little setlist site

This was the set I saw (most recently): http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2010/atandt-center-san-antonio-tx-4bd58fea.html

Too bad the concert was filled with pushy assholes who violently pushed past me (I wasn't even near the front!) every song or two to get a beer, then go piss, repeat whole concert.

The coolest thing I saw was at a 2000 show during "7 Words" they did a bit of Danzig's "Twist of Cain!" I was going apeshit with excitement but most of the stupid nu-metal crowd were totally puzzled!

Cant remember if I posted this here already or not but Adrenaline got bumped to 6/14.

Also read this online today. Fuck yes!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157554

Glad it got bumped. Too much has been coming out and I've been spending way too much money. 6/14 is a few days before my birthday so it's gonna be like a early gift.

Good to see that article about new material but I know how they work so it may be a long while till it actually comes out. Stoked and can't wait though.

Edit - Fuck yes! Deftones just announced a Sacramento show and it's on 6/14. Best early birthday gifts I could ever ask for. And it's in a tiny little place too. Can't wait!

Dude!! For realz!!!??? Where did you hear about the sacramaneto show?? I want to buy the tickets asap! And where is it at? I live in Sac and I can't wait! I new they would do a sac show for their hometown!

The coolest thing I saw was at a 2000 show during "7 Words" they did a bit of Danzig's "Twist of Cain!" I was going apeshit with excitement but most of the stupid nu-metal crowd were totally puzzled!

we just got Katy Perry "Firework" in the middle of our "7 Words". it was the highlight of the night for me haha.

I get that they want to leave SNW out of the sets but they should at the very list play "Cherry Waves." That song deserves to be played.

and Beware (!!!), Kimdracula and Combat....

Yeah, those are definitely must-play songs! My bad for overlooking. I can kind of live without "Beware" though it IS a great song but "Kimdracula" and "Combat" and "Riviere" should definitely be played. "Rats!Rats!Rats!" should also be heard...and "Rapture"....fuck there are a bunch of amazing songs on that record!

damn, those would have been pretty cool.

i'm curious about this.

RX Queen

(w/ Dominic Garcia (Ex-Deftones))

never heard of that dude before, ever. strange.

Dominic Garcia was in Phallucy. I don't ever remember him being an actual member of Deftones. I am sure he filled in from time to time.