PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

damn. thats crazy. well thanks travis, sorry to blow you up with questions but I have been a huge deftones fan for over half of my life and to finally get ATF and a repress of Adrenaline has me excited as shit. Do we know if the Adrenaline repress will have fist? Im just curious because if not, then the fact that I do already have it on vinyl is pretty sweet. You should also throw out the idea to them to press a vinyl of their b sides. Not the b sides and rarities album, but a whole vinyl of nothing but b sides. (Teething, Cant Even Breathe, Crenshaw, Lovers, etc, etc, etc.) There's definitely enough for an album!

i would literally kill a man to own this^^^

It will be awesome even without Damone. Sad though. I'm a happy boy as long as Dai the Flu is on it. Oh, McPherson you should totally get the 7" with teething, it's awesome and sounds amazing. It's a different version of teething though that you would normally hear, like the demo version with different lyrics and slightly different riffs. Awesome still! I play it every Friday when I get home from work while sippin on some drink.

It will be awesome even without Damone. Sad though. I'm a happy boy as long as Dai the Flu is on it. Oh, McPherson you should totally get the 7" with teething, it's awesome and sounds amazing. It's a different version of teething though that you would normally hear, like the demo version with different lyrics and slightly different riffs. Awesome still! I play it every Friday when I get home from work while sippin on some drink.

WHOA! I didn't realize it was a different version! Different from the Crow II: City of Angels Soundtrack???

Yeah, the only thing stopping me from buying it is that I never catch the end of an auction and I don't want to pay $70 for the one BIN on eBay right now. I would easily pay $30 for it though.

+1 for deftones b-sides & rarities. Wishlist strictly includes Lovers&Crenshaw&NoOrdinaryLuv. &The Boys Republic... It made no sense to me why that wasn't on 2010 white pony. Perhaps they used the same master plate / template as the european promo release? On the positive side Mini-Maggit was nowhere to be found :)

Very correct. I'm sure people would like that collection, about half the tracks are found on the RSD release, which is AWESOME.

LOL.. they should do this: Deftones B-Sides and Rarities 2xLP with Bluray. And on the Bluray include all the tracks in idk... 192khz/32bit? Or DTS/Master/TrueHD... w/e.

Kinda like NIN did with Ghosts... but this would actually be fun to listen to.

I've been hoping I could score that "7 Words" 45 because "Teething" is on it. But yeah, it would be great to have all their legit original B-Sides on an LP.

I have one extra copy of this on blue. I was saving it to trade it to someone for the grey version one day. Who knows, maybe we will work something out on this one day.

So the B-sides and Rarities CD/DVD was never released on vinyl, correct?

I really want this on vinyl. Just because I want any and everything Deftones on vinyl. A 2x10" set would be cool.

haha Good idea but putting a bluray disc in there would jack the price up so fucking high. I havent asked about it or anything but I know how they operate.

If the CD disc got pressed on vinyl with the exact same track listing, would you buy the LP?

YES!!

haha Good idea but putting a bluray disc in there would jack the price up so fucking high. I havent asked about it or anything but I know how they operate.

If the CD disc got pressed on vinyl with the exact same track listing, would you buy the LP?

But of course, with religious devotion.

*If the audio is CD sourced, I will gut the person responsible. :)

Travis, I know i would definitely buy b sides and rarities on vinyl, if it was made, the thing is since they just put out the covers, most of which are on b sides and rarities, it still makes more sense to just do a b sides album, rather than press b sides and rarities on vinyl`Either way it would be sick.

And to the dude asking about teething on the 7 words 7 inch yes, its slightly different from the version used in the movie. I have the grey, looking to one day get the blue, and then i just my own summer on gold to complete my deftones 7 inch collection. Once I get ATF i will have their whole catalog on vinyl, which is totally sweet! one day i will fork out the 200 + dollars for that White Pony press on red...

Travis, I know i would definitely buy b sides and rarities on vinyl, if it was made, the thing is since they just put out the covers, most of which are on b sides and rarities, it still makes more sense to just do a b sides album, rather than press b sides and rarities on vinyl`Either way it would be sick.

And to the dude asking about teething on the 7 words 7 inch yes, its slightly different from the version used in the movie. I have the grey, looking to one day get the blue, and then i just my own summer on gold to complete my deftones 7 inch collection. Once I get ATF i will have their whole catalog on vinyl, which is totally sweet! one day i will fork out the 200 + dollars for that White Pony press on red...

I just got MOS(SI) on gold in the mail the other day. Sounds effing amazing! The Root (Live) on the b-side sounds like a glorified bootleg though.

I also have the Red WP. Love it.

JESUS GOD, YES!

I've been hoping I could score that "7 Words" 45 because "Teething" is on it. But yeah, it would be great to have all their legit original B-Sides on an LP.

I have one extra copy of this on blue. I was saving it to trade it to someone for the grey version one day. Who knows, maybe we will work something out on this one day.

TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT LOL. I've got shit to trade!

damn. thats crazy. well thanks travis, sorry to blow you up with questions but I have been a huge deftones fan for over half of my life and to finally get ATF and a repress of Adrenaline has me excited as shit. Do we know if the Adrenaline repress will have fist? Im just curious because if not, then the fact that I do already have it on vinyl is pretty sweet. You should also throw out the idea to them to press a vinyl of their b sides. Not the b sides and rarities album, but a whole vinyl of nothing but b sides. (Teething, Cant Even Breathe, Crenshaw, Lovers, etc, etc, etc.) There's definitely enough for an album!

backed! you can put out any Deftones vinyl and I'll buy it.

and all their pre-Adrenaline demos could use a proper cd compilation release if you'd like to talk them into that, Travis ;)

I'm so happy to see the all of the Deftones love around here. I feel like a few years ago, around when Saturday Night Wrist came out, it was lonely being a Deftones fan. Never ran into Deftones fans in person, and maybe I just haunted the wrong message boards, but I felt like I was the only one who still liked them, and especially the only one who *loved* Saturday Night Wrist.

As for Travis' question, yes, I would definitely buy the b-sides & Rarities on vinyl, even tho I did get the RSD Covers album. If you didn't want there to be overlap it'd be cool to just get a single disc of the stuff that wasn't on the Covers record.

But I wholeheartedly agree, there needs to be a B-Sides comp that has "Teething!" To me it is the quintessential Deftones b-side.

I'm so happy to see the all of the Deftones love around here. I feel like a few years ago, around when Saturday Night Wrist came out, it was lonely being a Deftones fan. Never ran into Deftones fans in person, and maybe I just haunted the wrong message boards, but I felt like I was the only one who still liked them, and especially the only one who *loved* Saturday Night Wrist.

As for Travis' question, yes, I would definitely buy the b-sides & Rarities on vinyl, even tho I did get the RSD Covers album. If you didn't want there to be overlap it'd be cool to just get a single disc of the stuff that wasn't on the Covers record.

But I wholeheartedly agree, there needs to be a B-Sides comp that has "Teething!" To me it is the quintessential Deftones b-side.

This is how i felt for awhile. Everyone i know doesn't and will probably never like Saturday night wrist. Personally i love it!

I'm glad these albums are getting represses, because when i initially started buying vinyl i had sought some of these out. Also i would buy the b - sides if it were pressed.

I'm about to see Deftones next week for (i think) the 25th time. I've been a fan since 1996, still my favorite band.

nothingnatural and I are competing. i think he's already at 25.

when people say they don't like SNW, I tell them to listen to these songs again: Beware, Kimdracula, Combat, Cherry Waves and of course, Hole In The Earth.

I'm about to see Deftones next week for (i think) the 25th time. I've been a fan since 1996, still my favorite band.

Damn! Despite loving this band, i still have yet to see them. They always come into town when i don't have money!

Wow, I'm jealous too. I've seen them maybe only 4 times. Twice in 2000-01 (White Pony tour where Incubus opened 1, Glassjaw the other), and twice on the Diamond Eyes tour. Though I hear I skipped some rough years in between there where some people say their performances weren't so great...

I had the opportunity to see them in '98 on the Warped Tour, but I went to see Bad Religion instead b/c I figured they were an older band and wouldn't be around much longer! HA! Now they're celebrating 30 years and I saw them 3 nights ago, lol. With painfully acute hindsight, I would have much rather seen Around The Fur-era Deftones. Le sigh...

Hey, that reminds me, why haven't these guys ever put out a live album/DVD??!! (Music in High Places does NOT count)

I would buy that shit MINUTE ONE of release!