PO: Deftones - Around The Fur LP

nothingnatural and I are competing. i think he's already at 25.

Honestly, I don't even know how many times I've seen em. All those old cattle club shows usually didn't have tickets so I don't have stubs from all the small shows. I am going to say I've seen em between 25-30 times in Sacramento, San Francisco and surrounding.

Goddamn, I've seen them like 5 times and I'm definitely the biggest Deftones fan I know in real life. I would have seen them more but I was too young to go to shows when they first broke out. First time I saw them was in 2003. I really wish I had gone out of my way to see them in the WP era. I've seen Summer Sanitarium 2003, Fall Tour 2003, Fall 2004, Spring 2010.....feels like there's another one I'm missing...

And now I have a wedding when they're here on April 30th. Gonna bust my ass to try and do both.

I can't even come close to beating your attendance. Ha. The only reason I went to Summer Sanitarium is because my friend's brother worked for Interscope and got free tickets for us. I only missed the first song (which was "Headup") but I could hear it echoing in the distance as I approached the stage. Confirmed with other people later that it was the first song they played. If I were a multi-millionaire I'd follow them around on tour all the time.

But while we're fantasizing about having boat-loads of money, I'd also be commissioning the quintessential S/T vinyl package.

i once saw them for free in a McDonald's parking lot. beat that :D

i've actually missed a few Deftones shows. one i didn't want to see them open for Metallica, another was Godsmack, one was a show at 7th Street Entry, another opening for Ozzy/Korn. argh. could be further up! :(

Haha, funny you mention that, I saw them in Tower Records parking lot.

Oh, McPherson you should totally get the 7" with teething, it's awesome and sounds amazing. It's a different version of teething though that you would normally hear, like the demo version with different lyrics and slightly different riffs.

um, yeah. i've had this on a tape and never realized the 7" was this version. i just ripped it up. it's an old 7", sorry for the light crackling. ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F6BO7CMP

That's awesome of you to rip and upload it. I found a different version on youtube though and that's probably the same one as this. I'll download when I get home. I prefer the Crow II version to the different one I heard last night though. Actually just scored a Hexagram 7" last night around the time we were posting about this. Pretty excited!

That's awesome of you to rip and upload it. I found a different version on youtube though and that's probably the same one as this. I'll download when I get home. I prefer the Crow II version to the different one I heard last night though. Actually just scored a Hexagram 7" last night around the time we were posting about this. Pretty excited!

score! i still need to buy that one but i figure it's not important being just album tracks :-/ maybe i'll play the Minerva 7" now.

score! i still need to buy that one but i figure it's not important being just album tracks :-/ maybe i'll play the Minerva 7" now.

Yeah, but its two of my absolute FAVORITE Deftones tracks overall AND its at 45 RPM!!! Plus the cover is fucking beautiful! Win/Win/Win. There hasn't been this much win since Charlie Sheen was born of Zeus and cast in gold for the world to adore! I scored the Minerva 7" a few weeks ago. Shit was mint! $14. Thank you, eBay.

I PM'd you something.

SNW is pretty good but probably my least favorite deftones release. beware is one of their best songs though.

Really? I can respect opinions that differ from my own, but I really don't feel as if there's a single bad or forgettable track on that album. It took me a while to get into, but there's some magical about its dark atmosphere. I don't think I could pick a "weakest" Deftones release - since I love each album for separate and distinct reasons - but if I absolutely had to rank their discography, SNW would be nowhere near the bottom. I never understood why more people couldn't dig it.

I like every Deftones album and I've been a fan since White Pony came out. My list from my favorite one to the least favorite would be:

1. White Pony

2. Diamond Eyes

3. Adrenaline

4. Around The Fur

5. Deftones

6. Saturday Night Wrist

I feel like they really are in one of their best musical moments now. Hopefully the next album will be as good as DE.

Guest obzen
I like every Deftones album and I've been a fan since White Pony came out. My list from my favorite one to the least favorite would be:

1. White Pony

2. Diamond Eyes

3. Adrenaline

4. Around The Fur

5. Deftones

6. Saturday Night Wrist

I feel like they really are in one of their best musical moments now. Hopefully the next album will be as good as DE.

Don't forget about Like Linus

i once saw them for free in a McDonald's parking lot. beat that :D

i've actually missed a few Deftones shows. one i didn't want to see them open for Metallica, another was Godsmack, one was a show at 7th Street Entry, another opening for Ozzy/Korn. argh. could be further up! :(

I forgot all about that show in McD's parking lot....that was quite some time ago, 12 years ago, give or take? Was that at the one in Dinky Town....I lived in MN then, and was at that show to.