+44 - WYHSB LP Hot Topic exclusive

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis I know its a completely different style of music, but have you tried 311?

It is a travesty that Music & Grassroots are not on vinyl.

It really is. Grassroots is such a great album but the production really was not good. I'm not looking for a remaster a la Homebrew on their Greatest Hits, but the vinyl treatment would be amazing. I would love to see this happen, and the guys in the band are so cool I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

I love this band, Transistor was the first vinyl record I ever bought 8-)

It is a travesty that Music & Grassroots are not on vinyl.

It really is. Grassroots is such a great album but the production really was not good. I'm not looking for a remaster a la Homebrew on their Greatest Hits, but the vinyl treatment would be amazing. I would love to see this happen, and the guys in the band are so cool I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult.

Production was great! View Eddie Offord's background. He worked with YES for years.

Production was great! View Eddie Offord's background. He worked with YES for years.

I mean it isn't completely terrible but in my opinion I think it sounds very rough and muddy. Like I said, I wouldn't change it though, as they did to Homebrew when compiling it into their Greatest Hits, because I've grown to love the album with that sound. But the vinyl would still make a huge difference.

Got mine today (along with TMTTS), looks good. Can't wait to hear them.

Side note...Travis, what's up with HT using huge boxes to ship records in? Mine had some filler paper and cardboard to help, but seems like a waste to me.

Yeah I bought a bunch of records and they were in a bigger box with a shirt and a shitload of paper taking up the empty space. They all got bent on one corner pretty bad, not so bad now that I've had them under something flat for a month but it's kind of irritating.

There was an abundance of complaints with TOYPAJ records being warped and poorly sent out. I prefer the packaging to be an overkill.

I wasn't complaining about it being overkill (although I'm not sure of the price difference between an LP mailer and the box/paper/cardboard they sent it in). I just stating that even though it seems they took the time to use filler paper, it may not do that much good since it's in an over-sized box.

I was on the fence, but there's no way I'm dropping $20 on this with consistent complaints like these. Good album though.

In no way am I trying to sway anyone from purchasing this (or any album) from HT. I think Travis did an excellent job with these recent releases. My copy came in fine.

I'm merely offering suggestions as a consumer.

I was on the fence, but there's no way I'm dropping $20 on this with consistent complaints like these. Good album though.

In no way am I trying to sway anyone from purchasing this (or any album) from HT. I think Travis did an excellent job with these recent releases. My copy came in fine.

I'm merely offering suggestions as a consumer.

was talking about the complaints of bad sound and the intro to the first song getting cut off. nothing to do with your post. sorry I didn't specify!

i'm not necessarily trying to sway people from buying this either. this album probably won't ever be pressed again and it looks awesome. but since it is one of my favorite records, i'm just extremely bummed about the intro of lyncanthrope being cut off and how the entire thing basically sounds like a 192kbps mp3.

if you're on the fence about it, you might as well just get it anyway.

I have been loving the HT releases lately from a collectors pov but the vinyl quality and sound quality has been consistently terrible. It sucks too because they look great and I'm happy to have any Blink/44/AVA release on wax but I really wish the sound and vinyl quality was better. Owell, I guess I'll frame them and hang em.......................

• 1 month later...