Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with remastering? It's usually done to better the sound.

Yeah, I really do prefer some remastered albums over the original, but I really dislike the remastering they did on Moon and Antarctica. I felt like they really took the life out of it. In fact, everyone I know who has heard both the original vinyl pressing and the anniversary pressing prefers the original. I just think it was completely unnecessary and it would have been equally unnecessary with Good News. All I'm saying is I'm glad they did another pressing without changing it from what we already know and love.

i didn't like how they changed the cover, either.

its the itunes default cover now, too, which drives me batshit.

but i'm just gay like that.

Yeah, I really do prefer some remastered albums over the original, but I really dislike the remastering they did on Moon and Antarctica. I felt like they really took the life out of it. In fact, everyone I know who has heard both the original vinyl pressing and the anniversary pressing prefers the original. I just think it was completely unnecessary and it would have been equally unnecessary with Good News. All I'm saying is I'm glad they did another pressing without changing it from what we already know and love.

They didn't change the cover art, they used the original cover art from before the CD was reissued in 2004.

They didn't change the cover art, they used the original cover art from before the CD was reissued in 2004.

i knew there was a 2xLP reissue thats on sale now, but i thought there was a reissue when they remastered the cd as well, with the iceburg art.

Nothing in mine either. I was so excited to play it that I didn't even think to check for it even though the damn sticker was staring me in the face about it. It just dawned on me that these may have been held back because they didn't have enough download cards and ended getting sealed without them. I don't know. Probably has nothing to do with it. I'm just glad I have it now.

What's wrong with remastering? It's usually done to better the sound.

They didn't remaster it... they just used the remix that Isaac Brock did in 2004.

They didn't remaster it... they just used the remix that Isaac Brock did in 2004.

All I had seen was the description that says, "Remastered on 2xLP 180 gram vinyl with original artwork to coincide with the 10 year anniversary of this classic album" but you're right. I guess I (and lots of other people) disagree with Isaac, haha. Before I got the vinyl I had the original cd, so it's probably just because it's the version I'm familiar with.

All I had seen was the description that says, "Remastered on 2xLP 180 gram vinyl with original artwork to coincide with the 10 year anniversary of this classic album" but you're right. I guess I (and lots of other people) disagree with Isaac, haha. Before I got the vinyl I had the original cd, so it's probably just because it's the version I'm familiar with.

I've never heard the original mix (the vinyl reissue was my first time hearing the record), so I can't comment. I think the reissue sounds good, though.

They also reissued it on CD with the original cover and remix last year, too.