Bands that only put out 1 album you like

Was listening to Destroy The Runner today. I really didn't like their first album, then their second album had a great first track and the rest was meh. Got me thinking about the bands I like that only put out one good album.

Here's what I can think of:

Caliban (only liked The Undying Darkness, even that one is kinda corny)

DJ Shadow (I absolutely cop to being a poseur, I like Endtroducing. The rest just sounds like random madness)

Hell is for Heroes (Actually I don't think I've ever heard anything besides Transmit Disrupt, is it good?)

Hoobastank (I'll never stop liking that first album. So bad but sooo good)

MC Chris (I got into Dungeon Master but then outgrew him)

Oceana (The Tide rips but they switched vocalists, sucks now)

Phoenix Mourning (Cheesy but catchy first album, then broke up)

Pushmonkey (Another random cheesy radio band)

Sky Eats Airplane (Broke up reforming without the vocalist as a completely different band)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest errolwest

magrudergind-S/T

blink 182-dude ranch

and all the Modern Life is war records rule, but everything pales in comparison to witness. for real.

gunna have to agree with third eye blind's s/t. that was a damn great album.

also:

counting crows - recovering the satellites

brand new - the devil and god are blah blah blah

adolescents - s/t

planes mistaken for stars -s/t

eels - beautiful freak

crash test dummies - give yourself a hand

the damned - damned, damned, damned

Guest kingbuzzo
Mobb Deep - The Infamous

That's the only one you're into? That's crazy. I'll agree that it's their best but I think everything from Juvenile Hell up to Murda Muzik was pretty solid.

hmm off the top of my head

x2 the oceana album

from first to last - dear diary...

blindside - about a burning fire

chiodos - all's well that ends well

something corporate - leaving through the window (lol chutup)

thrice - the artist in the ambulance (although to be fair never given anything else a chance)

im going to say new found glory. sticks and stones is still one of my all time favorites, but other than that, i dont really enjoy their albums. love a few tracks off the first two albums. catalyst certainly has some good songs, but i find jordans voice to be at its most obnoxious on that album. then the last 2 just never did anything for me.

this is leaving the screen-stereo albums completely out of it, because theyre both awesome.

i know i could name a handful of other bands, but nothings coming to mind.

From Autumn To Ashes -- "Too Bad You're Beautiful"

Taking Back Sunday -- "Tell All Your Friends"

As I Lay Dying -- "Frail Words Collapse"

Midtown -- "Save The World, Lose The Girl"

No Motiv -- "And The Sadness Prevails"

Far -- "Water & Solutions" (love all of Jonah's other stuff...but as far as this band is concerned)

that's all I can think of off the top of my head at this hour in the morning

Slipknot - Iowa...their first album was meh..and everything after Iowa sucked asssss!!

and

Story Of The Year - Page Avenue...just amazing!!

You should check out the Fuck Off and Dies if you haven't heard them yet. It's Dan Marsala's side project. It's kind of retarded and kind of funny at the same time. Real short songs about partying.

Sky Eats Airplane (Broke up reforming without the vocalist as a completely different band)

if you never listened to (in theory), you should. I have their first album; not sure where to get their second and final, because they broke up before it was released. the reason i suggest them is because the guitarist zack, the drummer kenny and the bassist johno all joined SEA after (IT) broke up.

Mobb Deep - The Infamous

Refreshments - FizzyfuzzyBigandBuzzy

Bad Religion - No Control

Sloppy Seconds - Destroyed

Cro - Mags - Age of Quarrel

Pearl Jam - Ten

How can you only like No Control? The first 3 albums are basically the same sound

its the only album i still enjoy. "how could..." and "Suffer" just never sustained my liking over the years. i think i might have some deep seated reminiscence of "no control" i can't explain.

as far as MOBB DEEP. while the lyrics of the first album were good, the cadence is what i didnt like. just reminded me of salt n pepa hip hop that wasn't really my thing. take a listen again, and you'll most likely know what i mean. it wasn't "Salt n pepa" persae, just 1st band i could think of. I stand corrected. "hell on earth" was good now that i think about it.