Bands that only put out 1 album you like

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought This Will Be the Death of Us was pretty cool but no where near as awesome as Mutiny

Exactly, but i don't know, Death of Us wasn't good.

Fixed.

But seriously. I listened to Mutiny all the time and was so excited when the follow up came out. It had too many conversations throughout the album, first listen it was ok, but it wore thing really quick. And I also wasn't a fan of the production of the album, specifically the drums, specifically the cymbals. Overall it left me very underwhelmed for something I was very excited for.

Back onto topic:

Completely agree with The Mars Volta

Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down

Northstar - Pollyanna

Every Time I Die - Gutter Phenomenon

I've tried listening to their other albums and they just don't do much for me. Really like this one though.

weird....that's hands down my least favorite ETID record to date

It's the first album I got by them, so it has a place in my heart. A lot of people seem to dislike it, I dunno.

Have you people listened to all the other albums of bands before posting?

As I Lay Dying - Frail Words Collapse? Are you kidding? Good album but Oceans Between Us is by far there best, one of the best Metalcore albums ever.

Slipknot - Iowa? Vol. 3 is amazing, shows all there talents.

Disturbed - The Sickness? Ten Thousand Fists is a good from the first song till the last kind of album.

Destroy The Runner - Did you mean to say you liked the first album cause its amazing. When there second album came out I was really upset with the direction they went. They said the third album was going to be like the first but then they broke up, sucks.

Guest errolwest
Have you people listened to all the other albums of bands before posting?

have you heard of an opinion?

for example, in MY opinion, i wouldnt consider anything you listed good.

I completely understand I know im in the minority with my musical tastes. It was just one of those things that I read and was so dumb founded that I had to say it. I understand if you can enjoy destroyed the runners second album because it was in a different direction and maybe thats more of your musical taste. But for like The Sickness and Frail Words Collapse the sound it more or less the same but other of the bands albums are just flat our better.

The Used - S/T

Finch - Say Hello To Sunshine (WIITB was ok but pretty "meh" in comparison)

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm (none of the other ones can even come close)

Fall of Troy - Doppleganger

(Interestingly, the last three were all from the same year and possibly the same season that year and I got them all quite close to their original release date or on release date. A great trio of albums to have gotten all at once. They defined Summer '05 for me.)

Jaguar Love - Take Me To The Sea (WTF is Hologram Jams? Terribleness)

Our Lady Peace - Spiritual Machines (Not that the rest was terrible, I just couldn't get into anything else)

Honorable mention would be Mudvayne though it doesn't exactly fit the criteria, first two albums were great, the first being quite a bit better than the next but EVERYTHING after was pure shit. Their S/T was acceptable but such a far cry from their potential that it still looks like shit in comparison to LD 50.

Reverse mention: mewithoutYou because they are the exact inverse of the thread title: only 1 bad album out of 4. 75% ain't bad.