Jimmy Eat World Bleed American RSD

You know i say at least its getting re-pressed, and not just repressed but tons of added tracks. If you wanted to buy an original press of this record which is just 1 LP of the full album you're going to be spending just around $50 if not more. At least this way you're paying that much for a brand new copy and its 3 Lps with tons of extra tracks. Thats the way I look at it.

consider this. the piebald 3xlp is 29.99 right and is limited to a 1000, right?

this is 45 bucks and its limited to 2000. id venture to guess they at least got a price break on quantity for pressing 2000 instead of 1000 yet "somehow" this is 15 dollars more.

they either have enormous overhead or just expect that the typical RSD sucker will think theyre getting a great deal.

its not.

this is 45 bucks and its limited to 2000. id venture to guess they at least got a price break on quantity for pressing 2000 instead of 1000 yet "somehow" this is 15 dollars more.

they either have enormous overhead or just expect that the typical RSD sucker will think theyre getting a great deal.

its not.

The Piebald is being put out by an indie label and probably won't really be high quality.

It's actually a pretty great deal for an audiophile release.

its not.

The Piebald is being put out by an indie label and probably won't really be high quality.

Yes, indie record labels put out such shitty vinyl.. only major labels put out good sounding records... ::)

its not.

1) You obviously haven't heard the vinyl pressing of the Foo Fighters' There Is Nothing Left to Lose, which was released on a major label.

2)Just because you're on the Steve Hoffman boards does not make you an audiophile.

1) You obviously haven't heard the vinyl pressing of the Foo Fighters' There Is Nothing Left to Lose, which was released on a major label.

2)Just because you're on the Steve Hoffman boards does not make you an audiophile.

Funny you mention that release in particular as I just sold a sealed copy from my collection to someone and he wanted a refund because it sounded so bad.

I think what was ment here was that the Bleed American release is being put out by an audiophile company, and has been remasterd for vinyl from hi-res masters. Also being pressed on dead quiet European wax (Pallais, presumably). We know for a fact that it hasn't been masterd from your average brickwalled cd, like many pressings have done... It seems to me that they are making the aural presentation the most important aspect of this reissue (besides it's limited availability).

Do I wish it were cheaper? Sure. But like surfingelectrode pointed out, ORG's single LP releases (Nirvana, Sonic Youth, etc) retail for $30 as it is. We're lucky this isn't more.

I think what was ment here was that the Bleed American release is being put out by an audiophile company, and has been remasterd for vinyl from hi-res masters. Also being pressed on dead quiet European wax (Pallais, presumably). We know for a fact that it hasn't been masterd from your average brickwalled cd, like many pressings have done... It seems to me that they are making the aural presentation the most important aspect of this reissue (besides it's limited availability).

Do I wish it were cheaper? Sure. But like surfingelectrode pointed out, ORG's single LP releases (Nirvana, Sonic Youth, etc) retail for $30 as it is. We're lucky this isn't more.

i usually don't agree with those that bitch about record prices, but this is ridiculous. it's like gas prices...do i want to pay them? no. do i have to? yup.

also, appleseed's cast's "low level owl" 3xLP for 30 bucks.

appleseed's cast's "low level owl" 3xLP for 30 bucks.

and worth every penny.

bleed american is not a $40 album, or whatever overpriced price people have payed.

infact the only thing the number 40 has in common with this album is the fact that only 40% of it is any good.

i do want this in my collection, but i'd like the album the way it was intended to be heard, without all the bonus nonsense, for an affordable price.

infact the only thing the number 40 has in common with this album is the fact that only 40% of it is any good.

Rock solid zing right there.

i do want this in my collection, but i'd like the album the way it was intended to be heard, without all the bonus nonsense, for an affordable price.

Unfortunately, it looks like the way this record was "meant to be heard" is either "For $40 or more" or "On your CD or MP3 player".

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I've heard and own tons of great indie releases, so maybe I should have worded myself better.

I don't even like JEW, but I think it's cool that the album is getting such a nice reissue. I wish that ORG was doing the Flaming Lips box set.