Mastodon - Live At The Aragon RSD

I doubt these are that limited. Hell, Blood Mountain was re-released last year on record store day and you can still find those everywhere. Btw, anyone checked out Mastodon's merch store recently? Remission switchblade comb anyone? Wow, its amazing what kind of stupid shit people will buy.

Wow, they are not afraid of some merchandising: $100 Stein, board shorts, switchblade combs, sketch books, etc. I have to admit the stein is kinda cool but I'm a little surprised it sold out at $100 apiece.

I doubt these are that limited. Hell, Blood Mountain was re-released last year on record store day and you can still find those everywhere. Btw, anyone checked out Mastodon's merch store recently? Remission switchblade comb anyone? Wow, its amazing what kind of stupid shit people will buy.

The one difference is that there was already a ton of versions of Blood Mountain. This is the only press of this but it still shouldn't be too hard to find. I believe 2-3k were pressed.

Wow, they are not afraid of some merchandising: $100 Stein, board shorts, switchblade combs, sketch books, etc. I have to admit the stein is kinda cool but I'm a little surprised it sold out at $100 apiece.

Yeah but at only 50 pieces it was sure to go quick

• 2 years later...

How's the mix on the LP for this? Lots of crowd noise in the mix or is it pretty low? Any different from the DVD?

There isn't much crowd noise at all.  Some at the beginning that goes about 30 seconds into Oblivion and then some during the outro to The Last Baron mainly.  No idea if the mix is the same as the DVD, but I think the LP mix sounds good.  Not necessarily the best sounding live album I've ever heard, but it isn't bad by any means.