lol @ dr. strange records - get your shit together

so saturday morning there was a post about dr. strange having RSD stuff for sale pretty early in the morning. I ordered the bouncing souls - live LP just in case I couldn't get it anywhere. I ended up not finding one at any of my local stores, but was able to grab one from SRC when they put stuff online and thankfully I did.

After I ordered from SRC (I ordered other stuff also to make the shipping not as hefty) I emailed Dr. Strange telling them they could cancel my order and sell it to someone else as I ordered one elsewhere, but if it was easier I'd still take it and sell it myself.

They emailed me back yesterday saying it shipped. Then today I get this email.

"Unfortunately, we were all out of the items you ordered. i do a apologize!

because all items were out of stock your order has been cancelled. better luck next time, and keep in mind your card has NOT been charged!

thanks!

Nick//DSR"

followed by this email

"Hey~

Thanks VERY much for being so considerate. We'll see what's up and let you know.

Take care,

Doc"

Dr. Strange - make up your mind and get your shit together. Also, don't tell me something has shipped when you don't even have it. I'm emailing you to cancel the order now and will follow up with the credit card company to make sure I am not charged. If this does show up I will have it returned to sender. Thanks

I have been ordering from Dr. Strange Records for years and they have always had great customer service. Any time I have ordered from them and they didn't have an item in stock my card was never charged. Obviously the "shipped" email was just a mistake.

They were the first mail order place i dealt with... I remember ordering some 7"s and a screeching weasel shirt when i was 14 or 15... Damn that was 15-16 years ago.

I have been ordering from Dr. Strange Records for years and they have always had great customer service. Any time I have ordered from them and they didn't have an item in stock my card was never charged. Obviously the "shipped" email was just a mistake.

They were the first mail order place i dealt with... I remember ordering some 7"s and a screeching weasel shirt when i was 14 or 15... Damn that was 15-16 years ago.

Same. I started collecting in 2000 and they were the first mail order store I ordered from which is why I still order from them today.

shouldn't have canceled your order then, sucka! :P

i basically told them to cancel it if it was convenient. I emailed them before the end of the day on saturday.

monday morning they emailed me back to tell me it already shipped and then today its not in stock. Then how did it ship yesterday? If it wasn't convenient for them to cancel it and send it to someone else then just say so.

Sounds like it. First time ordering from them too. And probably last

That's all it takes to make you stop ordering from a distro?

Let alone a historically great one. Stop being a baby. So they made a small mistake on RSD when they were no doubt crazy busy. There was ZERO impact to you, quit whining.

Yeah this dude has been around for a long time. He started out with photocopy lists he'd snail mail upon request and would sell home-made cassette tapes of otherwise rare shit (which pre-internet and mp3 wasn't so easy to find all the time.) Interesting stuff at usually reasonable rates and fairly quick shipping. The few minor issues I've had over the years he's made right to satisfaction.. no complaints here. I get the impression he really cares about what he does and likes to put stuff out he'd want to buy himself, even if it might not be a quick/big seller.

Yeah this dude has been around for a long time. He started out with photocopy lists he'd snail mail upon request and would sell home-made cassette tapes of otherwise rare shit (which pre-internet and mp3 wasn't so easy to find all the time.) Interesting stuff at usually reasonable rates and fairly quick shipping. The few minor issues I've had over the years he's made right to satisfaction.. no complaints here. I get the impression he really cares about what he does and likes to put stuff out he'd want to buy himself, even if it might not be a quick/big seller.

Every now and then I'll look at my old catalogs from his and be flabbergasted at the stuff he is selling at $5 based on what it goes for now.

Hey Dr. Strange suck my dick cancel my order!

On a serious note...I've never ordered from them but they sound pretty backed and legit. Sorry about your order...but yeah, RSD is both a good thing and a headache for everyone. If there's one day a year you allow a company to make a small mistake...let RSD be that day.