MLIW - My Love My Way & Witness represses

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greymundos

I find it complete bullshit that lifeline records does not bother to send an e-mail letting you know what is going on, I have to get on here and ask around and then catch a bunch of shit from you people for wanting to know what the deal is.

Also, I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico where temperatures are 100+ every day in the summer. If I am not in town to get the package when it comes the record will warp and be ruined. They have not provided a tracking number, just there word that it is coming eventually. It was supposedly packed and mailed on Saturday (7/2). All I am saying is they do not do business very well and I will not be a returning customer due to the lack of communication. I do not think I am being unreasonable for wanting to know why something I spent my hard earned money on has not arrived. It should be the record companies policy to let people know via e-mail that something went wrong. The communication is not there. Joe was nice enough to return my e-mail, but I should not be the one e-mailing him. His company should have let everyone know who ordered the record what the deal was.

I truthfully kind of agree with Grey. Although I'm nowhere near as irate, he makes a good point. I'm sure he acknowledges, much like I do, that things do happen in production. Things that are beyond anyone's control. And we all know that Joe isn't lethargically kicking back in a recliner on the weekends, with a pile of MLIW vinyl in the corner of the room. It goes without saying that he's [most likely] doing everything he can to get these mailed out as soon as possible.

But... I do think it'd be nice if he periodically kept us updated. Just a quick two-minute e-mail explaining that, yes; this thing is still happening. No; we have not been forgotten about. I'm sure a good chunk of people have forgotten that they even pre-ordered this thing. And those who are angrily awaiting their copies are likely agitated solely because there's been no word or reply. It's the same logic with RJ, and the [usually] delayed AFS / MTSR releases. Everyone's reaching for the heaviest stone to cast - whenever he's unable to provide answers or update VC - but as soon as he explains what's up, the thread erupts with <3s and praise for the label.

Long story short: it's nice to keep customers in the loop. Sending a quick mass e-mail, or hopping on VC to post a brief reply isn't asking too much, in my opinion. Especially if delays are continuous, albeit understandable.

Either way. I'm not faulting Joe or anyone for the bumps on this release. Nor am I truly bothered with the way I've been treated, as a customer. I'm merely stating that I can see where you're coming from, greymundos. And I don't think it's an irrational feeling or thought.