I kill iPods.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see wanting a 160gb iPod if you intend to fill it up with movies, TV shows and video.

but the screen is SO small

They make things that are pretty much the same size as portable DVD players with a 7" screen you can plug your pod in to facilitate video watching.

And the iPod Touch rules, I love mine.

I'm on my 3rd 30 gig since august. It's my fault, though - both times I dropped it off my bunk while the hard drive was spinning. Just took it to the Apple store with my receipt and the guy opened a big drawer of 5G ipods just for people like me and switched them out. Otherwise, I had a 3rd generation for about 3 years, and it worked great til the end.

man, if i had money i'd get a 160 gig. i could fill 3/4 of that, easy.

right now i've got a fourth gen that i got i think christmas 2004. for eight months or so i didn't use it because it was fucking up hardcore, but after changing the battery (w/ a replacement from london drugs) it works just fine. that is, aside from some accidental damage incurred in trying to pry the fucking thing open.

[image]

also, my lady has co-opted my shuffle. it's the first of the clip-style ones and i've never had an issue with it.

iRiver ftw! Mine lasted about 2 years before a shitty new charger I bought fried it.

Also, being able to just drag and drops songs onto it > itunes and syncing.

i've never synced an ipod. i drag and drop and it works fine.

I've done both, setting some smart playlists and syncing from them is quite nice.

I've had my 5g since whenever it was they came out. 3 years ago? 4? I got it for xmas that year. I use it constantly - if it's not on my person or being used on my home stereo, it's being used on my car stereo (I have a Pioneer with an ipod interface).

Aside from a few little annoying things here and there, it's always worked fine.

Im on my second one, and I love it...I've had this one for say roughly 16 months now, and I have no problems with it...I plug it into my head unit in my car, I use it in class, I use it in my apartment, it just works everywhere.

I loved my first one to death it lasted me 11 months ill say, and I beat the living shit out of it, at one point I could split the casing apart with my hands and look at the hard drive as it was playing music...but then the cables connecting the hard drive I guess to the headphone jack snapped and it was useless to me...

I gave my old 3g that I got in like 2002 to my mom, I've had to change the battery on it a couple of times now, but it still works well.

Its weird when I look at it now though. When I first got it I paid and ungodly amount of money for it, and it was this fantastic cutting edge alien technology. Now, after having a 5g Video for so long, it looks really bulky and sort of quaint.