No Sleep Records Subscription 2011 Thread

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already posted this in the Terrible Traders Thread, but figured I'd post it here as well just in case.

Has anyone had dealings with timwt?

I paid him for his entire No Sleep Sub on July 28. He responded to a few emails but was pretty slow at getting back to me. He said he was going to ship the record out "this week" a while back. When I requested a DC# the following week he said he couldn't get to the post office because his work schedule. He also said he had too much to drink Friday night so he missed the post office on Saturday. I haven't been able to get a response since the 9th.

What should I do? Everything was great until he got my money. Now he's becoming increasingly hard to get a hold of.

Thanks for your help!

I can vouch for his work schedule being insane. He also works no where near a post office, so it would be tough for him to get to a post office if it's not on a Saturday. I know that he's a super solid person when it comes to trading/selling records, you shouldn't have to worry!

people like you are what is ruining good people and making people not want to sell on ebay or anywhere else. people that complaining about not hearing back after a few days or not getting records in like 2 days. if anything he is probably annoyed by you contacting him every day asking the same questions, so he is just ignoring you now. if you paid through paypal you are covered. just file a claim if you are that worried. no need to go into two different threads and call this guy out

Hey guys. I won't make any excuses, but your records went out on Wednesday. My friend mailed them for me and when I see him this weekend I'll get the dc number. I apologize for the delay as I'm usually good with shipping, but I've been busy this month. I understand your concern and wanting the records, but paying 7/28 and it being sent 8/17 isn't the worst thing. Some of us I'm sure are currently waiting on older stuff. Plus I told you I was adding free stuff for the inconvenience. But anyways the records are in the mail, so expect them soon. I'm not trying to rip anyone off.

The only excuse I'll make is the gmail app doesn't always alert me when I have mail.

people like you are what is ruining good people and making people not want to sell on ebay or anywhere else. people that complaining about not hearing back after a few days or not getting records in like 2 days. if anything he is probably annoyed by you contacting him every day asking the same questions, so he is just ignoring you now. if you paid through paypal you are covered. just file a claim if you are that worried. no need to go into two different threads and call this guy out

I didn't get a response for 10-11 days. I didn't email him every day... I didn't expect my records to get here in two days. Not sure where you got all that.

I'm not "ruining" anyone. Posting in the threads was my last resort. I had to get his attention somehow. Emails clearly weren't doing the trick.

I bought his entire sub which cost a pretty penny. I think I have a right to be concerned.

Hey guys. I won't make any excuses, but your records went out on Wednesday. My friend mailed them for me and when I see him this weekend I'll get the dc number. I apologize for the delay as I'm usually good with shipping, but I've been busy this month. I understand your concern and wanting the records, but paying 7/28 and it being sent 8/17 isn't the worst thing. Some of us I'm sure are currently waiting on older stuff. Plus I told you I was adding free stuff for the inconvenience. But anyways the records are in the mail, so expect them soon. I'm not trying to rip anyone off.

The only excuse I'll make is the gmail app doesn't always alert me when I have mail.

Never said that waiting for the records was the "worst thing" or anything to that effect. I'm more than down to be patient and have been with many other orders. All I was hoping for is decent communication and details, which have been a chore to get.

Anyway, thanks for replying. I'm so glad this is all resolved and I can quit worrying about it. I understand that shit happens.

Sorry for derailing the thread... Back to work.

does everyone know that the word "tier" has been used incorrectly for the entirety of this thread? "tier" solely refers to the subscription option, it is not a cool word to throw onto the end of "no sleep subscription."

my friend, you are wrong. there are definitely different tiers within the subscription. tier 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Some have all 7"s, some have all 12"s, some are both, some are just CDs.

does everyone know that the word "tier" has been used incorrectly for the entirety of this thread? "tier" solely refers to the subscription option, it is not a cool word to throw onto the end of "no sleep subscription."

my friend, you are wrong. there are definitely different tiers within the subscription. tier 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Some have all 7"s, some have all 12"s, some are both, some are just CDs.

no, i know this. i have one. but the thread refers to the subscription, not the, or a, subscription tier. semantics. tier is just used to denote which specific tier one has bought; it doesn't make sense to use the word "tier" unless you are speaking about the specific tier you have purchased.

sorry. this has been on my mind and i had to get it off my chest. i feel much better now. jussayin, ya know?

and just to clarify, this thread would be "No Sleep Subscription Thread." a thread about tier 5 would be "No Sleep Subscription Tier 5 Thread." Tier designates a specific part of the subscription, whereas a general thread about the subscription would not use the word tier at all.

thanks to whoever sold me their Touche Amore s/t tier release! you are awesome if you are here, if not then the guy prob isnt all that cool.

You found me. Thank YOU for bidding. I'd say you got it at a decent price. It'll be out to ship by Monday. Thanks man.

i will say i was fairly surprised i didnt get more of a fight for it. i think that one, most people didnt know what it was, as far as the subscription thing went, or with the flood of TA vinyl on ebay its been overlooked.

no, i know this. i have one. but the thread refers to the subscription, not the, or a, subscription tier. semantics. tier is just used to denote which specific tier one has bought; it doesn't make sense to use the word "tier" unless you are speaking about the specific tier you have purchased.

sorry. this has been on my mind and i had to get it off my chest. i feel much better now. jussayin, ya know?

and just to clarify, this thread would be "No Sleep Subscription Thread." a thread about tier 5 would be "No Sleep Subscription Tier 5 Thread." Tier designates a specific part of the subscription, whereas a general thread about the subscription would not use the word tier at all.

yikes true the title of this thread is kind of bogus

I just want you to know I am on your side.

I just want you to know I am on your side.

every little bit of support helps. ;)

they make those discount cards seem like a huge perk. they send out coupon codes in every newsletter. of course if the cards offer a huge discount it matters, but the newsletter code is usually 10 or 15% off.

See what your not getting here is; while you're using the boring coupon codes, subscribers get to use THE CULT SUBSCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD!!!

Obviously the gravity of this situation will soon get out of hand.

they make those discount cards seem like a huge perk. they send out coupon codes in every newsletter. of course if the cards offer a huge discount it matters, but the newsletter code is usually 10 or 15% off.

I doubt they'd bother printing and cutting cards just to give us a discount that they were giving us via emails. Just sayin'.