ap.net "vinyl" kids bragging selling records

Wait so Roscoe's chicken and waffles is a real place/chain?

It was referenced so much during episodes of the Fresh Prince, I thought it was made up. I didn't think the place actually existed.

Learn something new every day. I was in LA for a week a year and a half ago and didn't see any. I'll have to be on the lookout if I ever go back.

there are only a few, one near amoeba in hollywood and one in long beach....and i think only one more but i cant think of where it is

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ap's a joke and always has been. this board is mostly punknews people anyways, so it's not really suprising a pissing match between boards would pop up sooner or later.

dante, what ever happened to the tateXcore group? i think you were one of the regulars. i stopped using last.fm a few years back and just stated up again.

Wait so Roscoe's chicken and waffles is a real place/chain?

It was referenced so much during episodes of the Fresh Prince, I thought it was made up. I didn't think the place actually existed.

Learn something new every day. I was in LA for a week a year and a half ago and didn't see any. I'll have to be on the lookout if I ever go back.

there are only a few, one near amoeba in hollywood and one in long beach....and i think only one more but i cant think of where it is

yea, its at the north/east corner of Sunset and Gower in Hollywood (across the street from Starbucks), and theres actually like 3 or 4 more. I know one's in West La, another one in LA central, and another In Long Beach.

yes, it is something you should at least try once.

I remember there being a place in West LA on Hollywood I think that had the fucking BIGGEST pancakes i've ever seen. I got a full Stack (3 pancakes) and it literally was the size of a 2 layer cake. I'm not joking.I had to eat it in slivers. it was crazy Big.

Anyone know the place that i'm talking about.

Guest genericinsight

Hmm, I went to Amoeba in Hollywood three times when I was there and the only fast food joint I noticed was Jack in the Box across the street (I think?)

Unless its further down in either one of the directions, then I didn't go that far.

basically all I remember about that area really was a huge movie theater next to Amoeba, a Japanese restaurant that I ate at and a Casualties billboard on a bus bench. that was weird as shit.

Guest genericinsight

waffles > most things. except records. maybe.

what about a waffle pic disc

I missed this the first time around, that sounds awesome. If a band ever does this I will probably buy it no matter what the band (and I hate pic discs).

Guest genericinsight
haha i love how nonchalant this board reacted to this. not that it was a big deal to begin with... haha.

I admit, I'm having a laugh over there and discussing my feelings on it, I know very well nobody will agree with me but it's fun anyways. I like seeing people's reactions. by tomorrow I'll forget it even exists.

I have no life (being unemployed rules!)

Guest scriptedrain

That thread clearly portrays the difference between AP and VC. It's sad that members of a message board would talk shit about members of another message board for no apparent reason other than to condescend on them. The only reason we're here in the first place is because we like vinyl. Who cares if you think someone paid too much for a record or if they like bands you think are shitty?

That's what I hate about AP.net's forums: Everyone believes they need an opinion on everything and everyone needs to voice this opinion, no matter how unnecessary or immature or redundant or self-centered it is.

Hmm, I went to Amoeba in Hollywood three times when I was there and the only fast food joint I noticed was Jack in the Box across the street (I think?)

Unless its further down in either one of the directions, then I didn't go that far.

basically all I remember about that area really was a huge movie theater next to Amoeba, a Japanese restaurant that I ate at and a Casualties billboard on a bus bench. that was weird as shit.

it's about 2 blocks east of it amoeba. right next door to washington mututal.

That thread clearly portrays the difference between AP and VC. It's sad that members of a message board would talk shit about members of another message board for no apparent reason other than to condescend on them. The only reason we're here in the first place is because we like vinyl. Who cares if you think someone paid too much for a record or if they like bands you think are shitty?

That's what I hate about AP.net's forums: Everyone believes they need an opinion on everything and everyone needs to voice this opinion, no matter how unnecessary or immature or redundant or self-centered it is.

The Internet keeps getting worse in this aspect. It's the whole "anonymous" thing. It's quite annoying. I stopped going to a so many websites outside of rss feed headlines because they're taken over by trolls (read: digg.com, punknews.org [well, now that they block anonymous it's better, but still garbage comments wise].

I like this community and I kind of want this thread to die [why am I posting?!?!], because I don't want to be associated with those hacks at ap.