Things you regret selling/trading away

mrc

All the records I sold when I needed money and thought I might be getting married in the early 1990s. A couple of them I sold to help my then girlfriend pay her rent at school (thinking this was the girl I would marry).

I got them all back eventually except these:

Misfits - Bullet 7" (1st pressing black vinyl)

Metallica - Creeping Death 12" (white vinyl)

I will never get a good night's sleep until these records are replaced. Needless to say I have had nearly 20 years of insomnia at this point.

all my albums from 77' - 98'. I had to pay for my school loans that i was getting way behind on. sold all my nirvana 1st pressings, among other assorted metal and punk albums that are kinda hard to find or just too much $$$ now. about 1000 records sold :(

worst regret. my LOVe BUZZ 7" that's worth a bit over $1k. bought it for $5. could have totally got a fucking guitar out of that one.

oh and my Jawbreaker "Unfun" test pressings (both of them)

• 8 months later...

Biggest regret: Clutch - s/t

Big regrets: Neurosis - Eye of Every Storm, Barn Owl - Lost in the Glare (blue), Glaciers - And The Sea Won The Battle (white, hand numbered), Grails - Black Tar Prophecies I-III (hand screened sleeve).

Positive note on these is that most went to friends.

Metallica - Creeping Death 12" (white vinyl)

I will never get a good night's sleep until these records are replaced. Needless to say I have had nearly 20 years of insomnia at this point.

I bought all 5 colors when they first came out (around '86-'87) I gave the white to a friend for his birthday thinking I would just order another one, never got around to it. I was FLOORED when Ebay came around and I saw what it was going for! Starting to get that sick feeling again! :-[

When I lost my job right after my son was born I had to sell some records. The only ones I miss now are FSF- The Moon Is Down, Limbeck-Hi, Everythings Great on white and New Amsterdams- Worse for the Wear. I wish I kept those three and sold some other crap instead. I sold YFW and Deja and dont regret that at all.

I regret losing a lot of my old punk 7"s when I left my parents house for college 13 years ago. the one I miss the most was

The Broadways - We All Know That You Can Do It 7"

Just can't get myself to drop over 40 bucks for it either as it may still be sitting somewhere at my parent's house.

I've been collecting for around 5 years and I've never sold any of my records. I feel like I'd have a panic attack last minute if I did sell anything and then refund the person their money back haha. After reading this thread, I feel like I've confirmed my feelings. I feel bad for a majority of you.

I am actually not too sure what I needed the money for anymore, but a few years ago I sold a copy of (an Australian band) Mindsnare's "Hanged choked wrists slit" LP on red limited to 15 copies and a copy of their "gasman" or "S/T" 7" test press. The thing is, part of the sale was a condition that if he ever wanted to sell them, to offer them to me first. This happened last week and they are safely back in my collection. Almost like pawning them...

There are some others though.

A siged copy of Alk3's I lied my face off LP & Carpathian's "Wrecked" single on white.

I actually regret NOT selling most of my EDM vinyl when I could get more than .50/ea for them. I have about 700 records bought between 2000 and 2005 that are worth exponentially less than the 100 or so I've bought in the past year.

Only keeping them for the nostalgia factor at this point as they are still 'worth' something to me in that sense and not worth just giving away.

I do however regret lending out CD's to anyone ever.