Failure - Comfort & Magnified On Vinyl

The link about Magnified was deleted on the Org Music website...Fuck?! Maybe is this a sign that it will be not represses anymore??? >:(>:(>:(

This happened in early February... I emailed them about getting a test press if they don't release it. Response-

"We'll release it at some point, but have a lot of titles that are ahead of that one for the time being. "

I also made a case that Magnified is more popular, citing Amazon reviews and the fact that there is no existing LP version of Magnified at all. And I mentioned our thread here...which points out everyone wants Magnified and kinda sorta for Comfort.

So hope for the best, be patient.

Also I could care less if they charged $100 for it, as long as it is released.

Now if only i could get Say Hello to Sunshine released for less than a few hundred dollars... I'd totally do it too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think someone had posted in here that they were seeking Failure 7"s.

This is not my auction and since I finally got a copy of this last year I feel compelled to point it out to y'all (otherwise I'd be all over it.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120893575499?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

This is not my auction and since I finally got a copy of this last year I feel compelled to point it out to y'all (otherwise I'd be all over it.)

This is all you firefoxussr.

This is all you firefoxussr.

Yes!

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bump the thread with no new information.  I just wanted to say that I'm a little perturbed that Magnified has yet to be released.

:angry:

This is what I was told when I last contacted them about it: "No plans for Magnified right now. The other one didn’t sell so we are holding off on the other one for now."

It will happen eventually but who knows when. They are focusing on releases that they can break even/make a little off of right now.  

In July, I posted on their Facebook page about this.  in August they responded with a sliver of hope.  Have heard nothing since.

They should have started with MAGNIFIED for reissues.  No one, and I mean no one, loves COMFORT.  It's the album you buy because you love MAGNIFIED and FANTASTIC PLANET.  And COMFORT was available on vinyl in the US as a promo.  Not so for Magnified.

Anyways, here's the posts:

What's the scoop on the FAILURE "Magnified" pressing? It's the only Failure album never pressed on vinyl anywhere in the world and fans have been foaming at the mouth for it since you announced it. I haven't heard anything in over a year about it, though. Press that sucker! Like ·  · July 25 at 7:58am near Burbank

I adore "Macaque".  That's why I have the CD, the LP promo, and the ORG music LP.

Ditto on those three releases of Comfort...  I had Greg sign my promo at a show... which may affect the value of it negatively, but I  didn't plan to sell it anyways.

Magnified is the only one I have on cassette.

Macaque is awesome and super easy to play on guitar (the main riffs anyways... not claiming to have captured Ken's use of feedback, timbre, etc.)

Ok, you guys love COMFORT.  I like it fine, but I'd say it's generally rated least among the 3 records by Failure fans and, if that was the ONLY record Failure ever released, I doubt we'd be talking about them.

Big Failure fan here.  Just bein' for reals.  There's a reason ORG says the COMFORT reissue didn't sell! :)

Anyways...Go post on the ORG Facebook page.  Remind them you want MAGNIFIED.

http://www.facebook.com/orgmusiclabel

So how much would everyone hate me if I put my copy of Fantastic Planet on the bay?

Do you not want it?

If not, I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to sell it... your loss.

It's not like you're flipping it if you sell it over a year after you get it... there's got to be a line where flipping is concrete, but I don't know when that is.

If you put something on eBay before some people even get their pre-orders, that's a different story.

You could offer to trade or sell it here... if you're anything like most of us, you'll just use the cash to buy more records... or drugs... but even then you could just trade it for drugs.