Mr. Brian Kurtz.. Limited Fanfare

Hello, one-sided and super-vague story!

For the record, I've dealt with Brian on a few different things and never had any problems with him.

Scott, will you shut the fuck up. I thought he posted here. I wasn't looking for your infinite wisdom.

I will delete the original post now. Sorry Scott. I'll suck you off at fest this year.

He does post here.

And considering you didn't say a word to me at Fest last year (after running your mouth on here), I can't say I'm too worried.

About getting your cock sucked? All I wanted to know is if I could suck you off at fest this year? Please?

What do you expect me to say to you at fest, threaten you or something? I think your a fucking idiot yes. One of your friends convinced me that your actually pretty cool, you just play a fucking idiot online.

I'm going to suck the semen straight outta that cock big boy, yes!

Wait...what?

1. Dave says he was ripped off on some jackets by subject named in thread title.

2. Scott said the argument was one-sided and vague. And vouched for subject named in thread title.

3. Dave deletes first post calling out subject named in thread title.

4. Dave and Scott make plans to blow each other at Fest.

Wait...what?

1. Dave says he was ripped off on some jackets by subject named in thread title.

2. Scott said the argument was one-sided and vague. And vouched for subject named in thread title.

3. Dave deletes first post calling out subject named in thread title.

4. Dave and Scott make plans to blow each other at Fest.

5. jeff nelson mansion

i think we finally figured out what "??" is!!!

I'm glad I finally get to weigh-in on this situation, since it seems like Dave is not professional enough to handle business like a man and give a refund where due (and drop our business to everyone). Dave printed 7" covers for me that were of a sub-par quality. He said they look great before sending them out -- and said only that the back text was a little small (which it is not). I OK'd the digital proof (which looked better than the final print) -- this was stupidly my fault for not waiting for a hard-copy proof of the art. However, this has never been a problem with places I've had print art in the past (Imprint, etc) and received a digital proof. What is boils down to is that Dave doesn't stand by the quality of his work and let a high-quality, sharp digital file come in to him -- then knowing sent out a low-quality product to me. He has received the artwork back from me a few days ago and I have still not received a refund from him. So it's quite clear who is the guilty one of the two parties. I'm done taking about this fooishness...I'm only forging ahead to put some great Rock & Roll records.

Scott thanks for the kind words! I'll be sending you some stuff out soon!

BK

Guest markovianprocess
Nah, it's not going any further...it's not really that scandalous -- just waiting for the refund from Dave or Paypal shortly. Other than that...order the Joshua and Nightmares For A Week split...it's great! www.limitedfanfare.com

Can we get a 10% discount code this weekend with the title "nojailhouseyousuckmydick"?

yes I do stand by quality, every single insert, show poster, 7" cover that has ever been done for my label, and for lots of other indie labels have been printed at the same place.

Here is the "proof" I sent.

http://www.jailhouserecords.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pdfproofjosh1.pdf

Look at it at 100%. There is zero difference between this and the final print. It's offset, it would be pretty hard to fuck up on my part unless it was on purpose or something. The file that was sent was printed..

He said it was "washed out, and blurry" around the words on the back. Which I do kind of agree. I never really noticed the blurriness except when I hold it up closely, but the print on the back is really really light and very small.

And why did you make it a point to put "no delivery confirmation needed" in your shipping notes?

The only reason it pissed me off, is because I have never had a bad transaction before. And to rush to paypal over something that I know for a fact has to do with your artwork, not the printing, is really frustrating.

I'd bet money that the new print job will not look like this proof. He will darken and increase the size of the text, and if he's smart he won't put such dark shading behind the text.

Places can only print what you send them, and what you approve. And if your an honest guy, you can't say that the final print deviates from that proof in the least bit. I even had other printers saying the original art was fudged.

can i ask a question?

how was the original artwork sent? jpeg, ai, psd, tiff, etc? was it layered, vector, raster?? when in the process was the original art rasterized or flattened?

with that such small a text (in reg no less), you risk having the pixelation show during printing. which would give it that blurry effect. i could have foretold that from just looking at the proof. someone should have alerted both of you to the probable outcome. also that thin a text on a dark background is strenuous on the eyes. but that's more my opinion than anything else.

really, the proof shouldn't have been ok'd to begin with.

and another thing.. century gothic? really? :P (sorry, that's the typography nerd in me)