FYE carrying vinyl now?

My local FYE got in a legit amount a vinyl (and good stuff too) and put it on a front and back shelving unit near the front of the store!

I live in probably the most least likely place for something like this to happen...but the guys said it had been selling quite well and that they all had heard from the company that this was going to be an ongoing thing now...

Anyone else seen vinyl at FYE lately???

I can tell you first hand, as someone who worked for that company for three years...they are the most corporate, money hungry, entertainment store in existence, so their reasons for doing this must be because they've seen a sharp increase in vinyl sales...

still, as someone who lives in a city where there are no record stores closer than an hour and 15 minutes away...this is pretty exciting...

The one in downtown Chicago has a HILARIOUS used LP section as of last summer. It's one basket in the middle of the store, where everything is $2.99. Everything. My friend who works at the Reckless bought some stuff there that was worth considerably more, as they have no idea what's what. Too bad that stuff will get picked over within a day of being put out for sure. Everything else I saw was pure thrift store filler.

My FYE has a decent selection of vinyl. However, I would never buy from there because FYE is ridiculously over priced, even their used selection is over priced. The way the store the vinyl is horrible, it looks like everything was thrown around in the stock room then put out. Shit's all dusty and beat to shit! Fuck that store.

To those saying the prices are awful...

On CD's yes. But almost all (with the exception of crazy packaging and double LP's) of the LP's were between 16-21 dollars. Which is about the cost of one LP after shipping...Almost every record I own I've had to order offline because there no record stores near me, so it doesn't seem that bad to me...

But again, I worked there for 3 years, and know first hand how expensive this place is on the CD/DVD side of things.

Guest cewillm
The FYE in Philly had a lot of vinyl...but of course is overpriced and stacked VERY poorly on shelves. Most of the shelves were collapsing too...

What was so bad about how they have theirs stacked? The LPs in the cubby holes look fine, if not a little tightly packed. The cubby holes which are diagonal and placed so that they face up just scream "seam rips," though.