work pranks...

in high school, in art class we had to bring in rags for oil painting, so people brought in old socks and shirts etc. this one girl brought a whole bag of stuff in, and there was a pair of transformers underwear in there. some squeezed a bunch of the brown paint and hung it on someones locker. the looks on people's faces were priceless.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My roommate started a prank war with a kid down the hall that was mostly dumb stuff like drawers full of shaving cream, mattresses flipped over and duct taped to the frame, etc. I got involved to help my roommate duct tape this kid in his room, so we made a wall of tape.

I did this to a guy across the hall my freshman year.

He opens the door to a 55-gallon (or whatever size, the big gray plastic industrial sized) garbage can leaned against the door which fell in with a tidal wave of water. He poked his head out the door to see the kid just turn the corner running out of the building.

He did this to me in return.

i haven't done a ton of work pranks, but me and my friends pull pranks on each other all the time. a couple years ago i went out of the country to visit my parents for christmas. when i got home after a super long day of traveling, i walk in my room to find a kiddie pool full water in the middle of my floor. i was so fucking pissed cause i was exhausted, but it was a great prank.

also we have some friends that live in this shitty house and they leave the front door unlock almost all the time. so we went over there at around 2:30 am and walked in and down the hall. then we all starting screaming and honked this air horn for about 30 seconds while we ran out of the house. it was so fucking loud. then i see my friend standing outside eating cereal and shaking his head as we drive away. it ruled.

man, college pranks are AWESOME.

I put blue temper paint in all of the shower heads in the community showers one morning. that did NOT make people happy. since it was a christian school everyone was all self-conscious so they jumped into the showers right away so no one would see their naughty parts. this morning they came out as smurfs.

my buddy stretched out a condom, took a shit into it, and then hung it from the RA's doorknob.

they used to deliver the toilet paper to the dorms which had suite bathrooms as well as community bathrooms. well, they delivered it every fri night and for a month straight we stole it all. we built a GIGANTIC wall of toilet paper rolls in our room and then on the last night we went out at 4am and unrolled ALL of it all over the floors. a happy RA this prank did not make.

worst prank idea? we clogged all the drains in the sinks and shower stalls in the bathroom and then flooded them to the brim. then we shut off the water and dropped a goldfish into every sink and shower stall. well, somehow the water drained out and they all died. god, that hall smelled TERRIBLE for a few days.

similar to a story posted earlier, we also used to snag peoples cordless phones, toss them up into the ceilings, and press the call button. that shit is ANNOYING.

but my personal favorite is more of a pastime than a prank. for about three months straight my roomate and I did the same exact thing every friday night, without fail. we would go out to the Kroger down the street and buy 2-4 dozen eggs, a case of beer, and two packs of smokes a piece. then we would sit on our third floor balcony, get wasted out of our skulls, smoke way too many cigarettes, and throw eggs at passing cars on 8th Ave in Nashville. I can't think of a more fun time in my entire life.

My freshman year, we made dry ice bombs with two-liter bottles and shot them out of the cannons in the park across the street. Someone ended up calling the police on us, so we took off and scattered. It had snowed recently and everything froze over because temperatures were so low, so we had to slide down this huge hill to evade the cops and then tear off through a neighborhood before eventually making our way back to the dorm (where the ringleader got caught because he was still carrying around dry ice in a duffel bag).

worst prank idea? we clogged all the drains in the sinks and shower stalls in the bathroom and then flooded them to the brim. then we shut off the water and dropped a goldfish into every sink and shower stall. well, somehow the water drained out and they all died. god, that hall smelled TERRIBLE for a few days.

In high school we filled all of the drainage grates in the quad with quick-dry cement. That didn't go over well the first time it rained and flooded the place.

There's a guy I work with (awesome dude) but he tends to prank people. Apparently, a couple of coworkers decided to get him back and fill his AC vents with confetti. Shit blew everywhere when he turned it on.

It was funny until it started smoking. Then he had to take it to the mechanic to get the vents cleaned and flushed. About $150. It was still funny.

i did something similar to this. there was this girl that worked with us that we all hated. one day in the back room (work at a shoe store) we found a tupperware (sp?) of penne pasta in meat sauce. the meat was rotten and had flies and the cheese was moldy. since it was kind of liquid based, we poured it into the part of the girls car where the windshield meets the hood.

SHE ended up getting fired for this and attempted to press charges on us.

a month earlier the same girl asked me toget something out of her car so i agreed. i moved her car to the top of the parking garage on the completely other side of the mall. she was pissed.

that tempura paint one sounds awesome!

i meant to write Temper paint. tempura is a way of deep frying food mainy used at japanese/sushi places. damn, i must really be craving some sushi.

haha I know what tempura the food is but I just assumed it was some kind of paint that I hadn't heard of before. Either way that sounds like a great prank.

i used to work in a printing shop, we did mostly tshirts, but did have equipment to make mugs, one day after the boss left we made a mug with his face on a girls body, it wasnt supposed to be hilarious, but he got so pissed about it, but eventually drank outta the mug

did you put laxatives in his coffee?

A few of my kitchen favourites

Cracking an egg into a cup if tea / coffee , it will semi cook which allows the person to drink it without noticing it untill they do the last dregs gulp and it falls in there mouth...Also putting tabasco sauce into coffee or around the rim of glasses is fun

Adding LOADS of chillies to peoples dinners (staff only of course) and watch them take a bit before the burn kicks in

This wasnt at work, but at home. My roommate once had a major paper due for school, it was like a 20 or 50 page long report on some kind of genetics or chemistry. and she had worked on it for a month, getting research done, etc etc. The day she finished she went to bed, and i backed up her file unto a disc and rewrote it with random letters and #'s. She freaked out, and was going crazy. She was trying to figure out what had gone wrong and what she was going to tell her professor. After a panic, she decided to go to school early and explain what had happened. So before she got even more worried, i taped the disc to her steering wheel with the words "final report" and underneath the word "pwned"

She was fucking livid for about a day...

Pull the top off the toilet tank. There's a little plastic hose that refills the tank when it's flushed. Disconnect it and point it out toward the user. Put the top back on, securing the hose so that when the toilet is flushed, it dowses the flusher.

I can't tell you how many times I've done this to the night people. They were all so dumb they never figured out that I was doing it on purpose. They'd call maintenance and tell them the toilet was broken again. The added bonuses are that the victim is locked in a stall and that water is fucking RELENTLESS because the tank isn't getting filled. Eventually maintenance replaced all the hoses with shorter ones - bastards.

I've also done the leaning-something-filled-with-liquid thing, with the exception that it was an open carton of egg nog on the inside of a locker door.

I routinely rearrange the buttons on cash registers, and tape offensive messages over the receivers on phones. Any toys we find are placed in difficult-to-reach locations, such as action figures posed on signs 10 feet up.

And, of course, there's the great old standby - shutting the lights off in the bathroom while your coworker is in the shitter.

Those free e-card websites are a goldmine. All you need is two e-mail addresses and you can make it look like any one person sent another person an e-card and you can't get caught. It's always best to do it when the sendee is within earshot so you can hear their reaction when they're thanked for the card that they didn't know they sent. In fact, one of our interns just wished a manager a happy birthday yesterday! So sweet of her!

Oh, and these are also good when a person needs to express their previously secret feelings to someone else.

we had a sports reporter a while back who was a fucking dink. completely socially retarded, cocky, just dickfaced in general.

so we did the keyboard switcheroo thing, moving the letters around in randomness, making h buttons sevens and whatever. that's less of an issue with younger people though, as youngsters like myself don't even look at keys when we type. so since that didn't work so well we switched out his desktop picture. it was something like this, only bigger:

[image]

so then to take it to another level: that fucker had every file he ever worked on sitting on the desktop, no organization beyond that. so i took a screencap of the desktop with all the files as usual, made that the background, and then took all the items and put them into one folder, and tucked it away in the corner of the screen. he spent all day clicking on folders that weren't actually folders and had to call the engineers.

oh yeah, and then because he was such a sexist and a homophobe, my lady and i threw a dinner party and invited a bunch of her hot friends. he made a fool out of himself all night, but after dinner we decided we were going to go to a club, which he was all for, until he realized we were going to the gay dance club down the street from us. he went along, but he just stood against a wall and looked miserable for about an hour before he left.

so then to take it to another level: that fucker had every file he ever worked on sitting on the desktop, no organization beyond that. so i took a screencap of the desktop with all the files as usual, made that the background, and then took all the items and put them into one folder, and tucked it away in the corner of the screen. he spent all day clicking on folders that weren't actually folders and had to call the engineers.

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME! It's soooooo funny watching people freak out.

I usually login to people's PCs as admin, change their desktop wallpaper, and reset their password too. They're so confused.

I DO THIS ALL THE TIME! It's soooooo funny watching people freak out.

I usually login to people's PCs as admin, change their desktop wallpaper, and reset their password too. They're so confused.

Been wanting to do this since I can sign in as admin...but I thought they'd also have to log in as admin for the joke to work due to different settings for each log in. Is there a way around it or am I just flat out wrong?

You can't beat the classic hide-in-a-big-box-until-someone-tries-to-move-it prank, or pretending a box is really heavy and getting a dude to help you when really there is nothing in it.

Also, favourite one ever when I worked in a warehouse, shrink wrapped a dude to a pallet of beer and lifted him 10 meters into the air and stored him away in the warehouses racking for the duration of our lunch break.

A close runner up was when i slit the tape on the bottom of a box of around 360 fresh eggs, and put it back for someone else to move. When they did the sound of hundreds of eggs smashing on the floor around him and his 'oh fuck!' was enough to bring me to my knees in tears of laughter.

I don't know if this counts as a prank, because it's quite sad, but the guy was a total prick so it's funny to those who knew him. But anyway to the prank

My old D&T tutor at my college got caught with some photos on his mobile phone the girls in the class had taken of each (like pretty hardcore stuff too). That was the start of the prank, they got them onto his phone and told the head teacher. He got in serious trouble for it, suspended, pending investigation, the usual. Well, it turned out he'd been having a relationship with a girl from the college (in England it's illegal for a teacher to have any sort of social relationship with students under the age of 18). So then his life went to shit, got called up for court and two days before he was due to appear he drove his MX5 into the back of an R-Tic at 85mph . Died. So...

I don't know if this counts as a prank, because it's quite sad, but the guy was a total prick so it's funny to those who knew him. But anyway to the prank

My old D&T tutor at my college got caught with some photos on his mobile phone the girls in the class had taken of each (like pretty hardcore stuff too). That was the start of the prank, they got them onto his phone and told the head teacher. He got in serious trouble for it, suspended, pending investigation, the usual. Well, it turned out he'd been having a relationship with a girl from the college (in England it's illegal for a teacher to have any sort of social relationship with students under the age of 18). So then his life went to shit, got called up for court and two days before he was due to appear he drove his MX5 into the back of an R-Tic at 85mph . Died. So...

ummmm....

That's enough to make me never want to pull a prank on someone again.