Things to do in Chi-town, breh

marc, unless you genuinely enjoy the grease trucks in new brunswick on a saturday night in the school year, you're probably going to hate wrigleyville after the game.

go to the gingerman, at clark and grace (north of wrigley on clark a block) after the game. only decent place in wrigleyville.

for a better burger but less novelty go to hamburger mary's at clark and balmoral instead of kuma's. also, they homebrew their own beer in the restaurant and it's cheap and awesome.

buy a CTA 3-day pass, go to the beach and get a hot dog.

I've never gone to Kuma's for any sort of status achievement, so I can't comment on that, but the food is really fucking good, it's not hype at all, the wait for a table got fucking old.

just because a restaurant gets publicized a lot doesn't always diminish the actual quality of food, sometimes the hype is worthy of the food they're making.

kumas is definitely a good burger, but half the reason people go there is because of the association it has with metal culture. if you just straight up want a great, homebrewed beer and a better burger, definitely go to hamburger mary's.

id say the reason most people go was playboy naming it the best burger in the country and the food network jocking it.... its really funny to see foodies and people grandparents sitting there trying to order from a surly rockabilly chick with slayer blaring.