Paypal Hacked?! EFF!

So some douchebag hacked my paypal account, Which isn't attatched to any bank accounts thank heavens but I had just over $700.00 in the account and it is now gone.

Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, If they were in any way able to retrieve the funds via a claim or if I am just completely fuck all out of that money?

I burned most of the negative energy I'm feeling with a jog/hike in the woods and I am now just exploring my options.

I've filed a claim with paypal and now we play the waiting game.

Any incentive to involving Law enforcement? If so, Who?

similar story. this morning i went to my online banking to see if Victory had cashed my check yet and i notice a transaction from www.bodybuilding.com and think "What! i have never even lifted a weight. so i call the company and they make it seem like no big deal, they would refund me. so i call my bank and they shut down my account so nobody can use my money... not even me. good thing i dont need it.

similar story. this morning i went to my online banking to see if Victory had cashed my check yet and i notice a transaction from www.bodybuilding.com and think "What! i have never even lifted a weight. so i call the company and they make it seem like no big deal, they would refund me. so i call my bank and they shut down my account so nobody can use my money... not even me. good thing i dont need it.

Last June I had an unauthorized charge from the same website. How weird.

Travis, where did the money go? did someone just hack in and send themselves money? or did it go to a store? or what?

sorry this happened though.

Money went to a non Verified Non U.S. User...

Name: Vu Thi Dieu Thao ... Is this even a real name? haha.

The funny thing is that all of last week I kept thinking I need to get that money transferred or request a check from paypal before I get hacked.

I haven't called paypal yet, I'm going to in the morning and see if there is anything I need to do other than filing a claim.

i seriously don't see why you're waiting... i'd be calling the minute i found out. not 2 days later. they possibly could have done something by now. just sayin'

Well, I've already filed the claim, Is customer service 24hrs? Maybe I'll try to call them now.

Edit: Called, Mostly just reassured me that they would take care of me as I am a "Top Customer". Ha, Waiting Game!

i had some idiot hack into my account and steal something over 600€ sometime in january... filed a claim, called the bank and paypal the same day and had the money back the next day. ive been very pleased with the service... except for that it was even possible for somebody to get into my account.