Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

you guys are quick to hate, but i see the sale threads on here. when the vast majority of you have a record that's worth a lot, you expect to get a lot out of it. maybe not as much as ebay, but you don't like 'lowball' offers. i don't think any of you on here would sell a rare record that fetches several hundred dollars for cost.

that being said, $150 is steep, and i don't necessarily agree with it, but the market dictates the price.

You're right, they can sell if for this much because of the fans are willing to pay. That said, stop buying it and we can only wait for a repress, I guess. Long wait probably.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devil and god is much better than daisy, and for that matter where does deja fit in? And more importantly it's a totally different style music on YFW. I feel that argument of Daisy being best is flawed from jump street.

[image]

actually, i've been aware of this band since YFW (which i thought was terrible) and then when they put out deja, i liked the singles but hated the rest of the album. Devil and God really made me appreciate them as a band, that album was excellent. also, falling in love with D&G made me appreciate Deja more.

i still think YFW is a horrible album, and daisy, even though it's interesting to experiment with some of the heaviest stuff they've ever done, is still pretty boring and ignorable to me.

YFW was my first love. Deja annoyed and bored me, even now. i still like half of the songs, but overall, i prefer YFW. D&G bummed me out at first, but there are some really great songs on it and i have yet to buy the LP. i did try once but the guy stiffed me and i had to file a paypal claim. so if anyone wants to sell a copy on blue/black swirl for a reasonable price, get at me ;)

Daisy i dismissed hearing one song, but i eventually bought it for $10 and thought for $10 it was a pretty decent album. i was going to cave and just get the cd when it came out but i wasn't going to part with $14 for it. got the LP off the sales section about a year later. they're all pretty different albums but i'd rather them own up to having ever made YFW. i don't know why Triple Crown is sleeping on a repress, they're sitting on a goldmine.

of all of them, i listen to YFW the most. i should have bought the damn LP way back when. i had the vinyl rip in mp3 for the bonus song but for some reason didn't ever pickup the LP. :(

• 2 months later...

I am reigniting this topic that doesn't die. I am not here to talk about whether or not the album sucks, the ranking amongst Brand New albums, or the price that it is selling for. I decided to purchase one of the many selling for $150 from "Iodine Records" on Ebay because I had the money to do so and it's better than dropping $150 on crack or double that on designer jeans.

My main thoughts are the accuracy of the 100 album pressing numbers for the white albums. Personally I think it is BS unless there has been a secret pressing or more than 100 pressed originally. That's because I received the sealed album and it was white WOW!!!! <--- sarcasm, I got a rare album! Then going back looking at some of the user reviews, some mentioned they got white albums too. After that looking at trade lists on deadformat a bunch claim to have the white album too. I don't have a trade list on deadformat and I am sure many others don't either. Hell I didn't sign up for any forum until recently on here and I've been collecting records for 10 years. I just find it hard to believe that there are only 100, when I can find documentation for close to half of those hundred. That is unless some people write down they have it yet they don't.

I have bee trying to investigate this further but have come up with a lot of dead ends. In the box that was sent to me with the record, there was a bunch of basically recyclable trash, some of which were envelopes with shipping labels and tracking numbers on there with Revelation Records address on it and some other addresses of record related businesses and distribution.

Another funny tidbit is that there has been constant supply through "Iodine Records" and even though the price is set at $150, people are still trying to sell it at higher prices than that.

For example

The person trying to sell this for $300 or best offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-YOUR-F....i tem415c3338ad

They bought it from "Iodine Records" for $150 and you can see their username in user feedback for Iodine.

But really this isn't about the absurd price that it is selling for or why anyone would pay that much, including me. I could care less if they said next week it's going to be repressed and there will be 1000 of each in all colors of the rainbow. I am just trying to determine the real original pressing numbers for this record.

I am reigniting this topic that doesn't die. I am not here to talk about whether or not the album sucks, the ranking amongst Brand New albums, or the price that it is selling for. I decided to purchase one of the many selling for $150 from "Iodine Records" on Ebay because I had the money to do so and it's better than dropping $150 on crack or double that on designer jeans.

My main thoughts are the accuracy of the 100 album pressing numbers for the white albums. Personally I think it is BS unless there has been a secret pressing or more than 100 pressed originally. That's because I received the sealed album and it was white WOW!!!! <--- sarcasm, I got a rare album! Then going back looking at some of the user reviews, some mentioned they got white albums too. After that looking at trade lists on deadformat a bunch claim to have the white album too. I don't have a trade list on deadformat and I am sure many others don't either. Hell I didn't sign up for any forum until recently on here and I've been collecting records for 10 years. I just find it hard to believe that there are only 100, when I can find documentation for close to half of those hundred. That is unless some people write down they have it yet they don't.

I have bee trying to investigate this further but have come up with a lot of dead ends. In the box that was sent to me with the record, there was a bunch of basically recyclable trash, some of which were envelopes with shipping labels and tracking numbers on there with Revelation Records address on it and some other addresses of record related businesses and distribution.

Another funny tidbit is that there has been constant supply through "Iodine Records" and even though the price is set at $150, people are still trying to sell it at higher prices than that.

For example

They bought it from "Iodine Records" for $150 and you can see their username in user feedback for Iodine.

But really this isn't about the absurd price that it is selling for or why anyone would pay that much, including me. I could care less if they said next week it's going to be repressed and there will be 1000 of each in all colors of the rainbow. I am just trying to determine the real original pressing numbers for this record.

sounds like there's been messed with.

You could take into consideration that mostly vinyl enthusiast that are active in communities like DF, VC, Ect. Are buying these and want to flaunt it, although overruns are common and these guys at Iodine are obviously money hungry so lying about the numbers would definitely help them move at that cost.

For example

the person selling these works for revelation.

yes, theyre making bank. nobody is being forced to buy a copy though.

id do this - just enjoy the record. you clearly wanted it enough to pay the price and its still not an easy record to find (except for $$$ on ebay, of course).

Plus that guy (iplaywithlights) who is selling the one he got for $150 from Iodine on eBay is a giant ass. He comes on here and DF trying to hock that thing. Always says he's sold more but I don't believe him. I think he got 2, paid $300, and is trying to sell the extra just to break even and essentially have a free copy. Don't buy from him, though, real dick.

Plus that guy (iplaywithlights) who is selling the one he got for $150 from Iodine on eBay is a giant ass. He comes on here and DF trying to hock that thing. Always says he's sold more but I don't believe him. I think he got 2, paid $300, and is trying to sell the extra just to break even and essentially have a free copy. Don't buy from him, though, real dick.

Hypocrite, you make money flipping also: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=xsellitemsx&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=6&page=1

Hypocrite, you make money flipping also: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=xsellitemsx&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=6&page=1

Has anyone actually looked at the sale prices of the items listed in that feedback? Dude is breaking even if he's lucky.

Has anyone actually looked at the sale prices of the items listed in that feedback? Dude is breaking even if he's lucky.

If you referring to me, then you'll notice that the only thing flipped is RSD stuff. And it's because I get caught up in the hype and spend way too much money each year. And since I cannot usually return what I buy, I just put it on eBay. This year I made some money but last year, nada.

Iplaywithlights is just butt-hurt because he creates usernames to sell his Brand New records and he doesn't like when people call him out on anything. He's a giant douche on DF.

If you referring to me, then you'll notice that the only thing flipped is RSD stuff. And it's because I get caught up in the hype and spend way too much money each year. And since I cannot usually return what I buy, I just put it on eBay. This year I made some money but last year, nada.

Iplaywithlights is just butt-hurt because he creates usernames to sell his Brand New records and he doesn't like when people call him out on anything. He's a giant douche on DF.

Flipper tries to justify himself, nice. Only difference between us is that you apparently suck at it.

Flipper tries to justify himself, nice. Only difference between us is that you apparently suck at it.

See, just an ass. I know more about records than you could ever hope to learn in a lifetime.