The Fall of Troy- Doppelgänger(few test preses ava

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why everyone is getting upset about it. If you like the album, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you don't like the price, shut the fuck up and don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Records aren't like Pokemon cards. You don't have to catch 'em all.

Personally, I am ok with the $17 price tag. I love the album and The Fall of Troy is one of my favorite bands. ETR, do you have plans to press Manipulator? That's my favorite TFOT album and I'd love to spin that

Don't know why everyone is getting upset about it. If you like the album, buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you don't like the price, shut the fuck up and don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Records aren't like Pokemon cards. You don't have to catch 'em all.

Personally, I am ok with the $17 price tag. I love the album and The Fall of Troy is one of my favorite bands. ETR, do you have plans to press Manipulator? That's my favorite TFOT album and I'd love to spin that

This has to have turned into one of the most retarded threads ever. I've never seen so much pointless bitching about stupid shit in all the time I've been on this board and that's really saying something.

Some points:

1: A record label is a BUSINESS! Thus as a business the idea is to make money or at least not lose any money. There is NOTHING wrong with a label making a profit off the sales of their records. It takes a lot of time and money to put out records and it isn't always a sure thing that you well recoup your costs. Dischord records made a ton of money for years selling Fugazi records, how come they aren't evil? I'm sure No Idea has been making a nice profit off of RAR alone, why not single them out? Shouldn't they lower the price of that LP to 4 dollars now so they don't profit off of it?

2: This isn't the old days of punk rock or the old days of shopping. Mom and Pop record shops are a minority these days. Not everyone has one in their town or anywhere near them. Many people buy everything online these days and to a lot of america, the only store that may sell any kind of music they are interested in is a Hot Topic. Be thankful there is some place still in any given town that you can go purchase a record at. It could be worse, all music could be sold only in the digital download form. The market for vinyl records isn't as big as many of you think. No label can really afford to turn away an avenue of sales and distribution these days.

3. While 17 dollars could be viewed as a bit pricey for a single LP, no one seems to mind paying Hydrahead sometimes twice that for one of their releases. Look at that last Big Business LP, it was a single LP and they were charging like 30 bucks for the thing. A bunch of you also were stoked about the 25 dollar Helmet reissue, which for the record (no pun intended) wasn't on a "DIY Label" either.

I don't know the label that is doing this Fall of Troy record or the person that runs it but that is a good record and I think it is completely stupid to pick apart someone and their label for trying to satisfy a demand for a vinyl reissue. If you don't like it either go find an original on ebay, don't buy it, or put your money where your mouth is and pony up the cash to license and release records and give them away at a loss so that way you can "do it the right way" as you all see it.

Interesting. I've always loved the inclusion of gloss especially on LP jackets. There's just something about it. Anyway, I think I like it better with the splatter. It would be cool if more of the copies of the final product had a heavier splatter effect but that picture definitely whets the appetite.