NOFX hardcore covers 10", 7", 12" picdisc up @ Fat

I'm surprised they covered Agnostic Front. I thougt Fat Mike had something against NYHC after dissing YOT and Underdog on the song We Got Two Jealous Again.

I'm really stoked to hear the AF cover, they are definitely in my top 5 as far as hardcore bands go. Overall I'm pleasantly surprised with the song selection as a whole.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If these bands are obscure to anyone on here, they seriously need to broaden their listening spectrum :)

I don't know any of the bands.

But I prefer fingernails on a chalkboard with a nice ukulele rhythm section to hardcore.

I think people forget that old NOFX and early Screeching Weasel (S/T and Boogada) were hardcore. Hardcore and aggressive punk were pretty synonymous in the 1980s. Then it kind of morphed and hardcore referred to early Victory bands and such.

I'm surprised they covered Agnostic Front. I thougt Fat Mike had something against NYHC after dissing YOT and Underdog on the song We Got Two Jealous Again.

I'm really stoked to hear the AF cover, they are definitely in my top 5 as far as hardcore bands go. Overall I'm pleasantly surprised with the song selection as a whole.

even people in new york found ray cappo annoying, not too big of a surprise there.

Does anyone know what this was ripped from? I haven't had a chance to listen to my copies yet, but I would assume the 10" sounds the best.

this is not a rip of the NOFX album, it's a collection of MP3s of all the original artists.

Ah, okay, thanks.

the Rebel Truth track sounds a lot like Bad Religion.

Anyone notice the etchings on these? The 10" says "Sacramento San Diego" and the 7" says "Los Angeles Maumee" on one side and "Queens New York City" on the other. I didn't get the picture disc so I don't know what that one has.

I've determined that these are the names of the cities the bands that they covered are from.

Anyone notice the etchings on these? The 10" says "Sacramento San Diego" and the 7" says "Los Angeles Maumee" on one side and "Queens New York City" on the other. I didn't get the picture disc so I don't know what that one has.

I've determined that these are the names of the cities the bands that they covered are from.

Mine just came but won't be able to listen til later :( Took a quick look and run-off various cities on the different versions, presumably the homes of the bands they're covering.

7" has on either side:

QUEENS NEW YORK CITY

LOS ANGELES MAUMEE

* Maumee has to be a Necros song

10" has on the pressed side:

SAN DIEGO SACRAMENTO

* San Diego is probably the BoS track that was on the BYO comp a while back. Seems like there were a bunch of punk rock bands from Sacto in the 80s but the only one that comes immediately to mind that had an actual release was Tales Of Terror but I can't really imagine NOFX doing one of their songs.

12" picdisc looks like same stamper for both sides and has:

SAN FRANCISCO WINNIPEG

* Hopefully they chose something cool from SF like the Fuck UPs or Sick Pleasure or something like that. I forget what Canada bands were from where but reckon that one has to be DOA, Subhumans or SNFU. Seems like somebody said something about Stretchmarks at one point so I guess it could be that but they weren't all that great so I dunno.