Evil Dead 4/ Remake?

Anyone seen Evil Dead: The Musical?

It came to town but I couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for a ticket. Heard it was good though...

I grew up on Army of Darkness and Evil Dead - I'd call myself a die hard Bruce Campbell fan as well.

I thought the Evil Dead Musical was one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. If I hadn't seen Spiderman then I'd say it was the worst thing I've seen in NYC, on or off Broadway, in 10 years. You have $50? Go get the movies on blue ray.

My friend still to this day claims he loved the musical but I suspect he says it just to get me off on a rant.

Truly Truly Awful in my opinion.

this was being talked about last year, or the year before.

apparently sam and bruce have both approved, but neither will be involved?

i don't really know how interested i am if that's the case.

probably about as interested as the nightmare on elm street "remake" (which i was not interested in)

And BC's comments don't confirm his participation. He is so past his days as Ash that I think it's better to not have him revise the role lest we end up with a debacle like Harrison Ford in that last Indiana Jones movie - I swear he was limping half the time. Have you seen Burn Notice? BC has the charm and charisma but he doesn't have the physicality anymore and while we all wanted more AOD or ED I think it should have happened 15 years ago.

probably about as interested as the nightmare on elm street "remake" (which i was not interested in)

This was fucking horrible, by the way, so you actually did yourself a favor by never watching it. It's like that video in The Ring, but you don't want to wait the seven days for someone to kill you after you watch it. You want to die immediately.

my friends went to see it in NYC i believe and sat in the section where they got covered in blood. that looked amusing.

also, they went to the premiere of 'my name is bruce' and wound up sitting either next to or right behind bruce campbell himself.

these cool things never happen to me, just my friends.