RUN FOR COVER: MIXED SIGNALS CD/LP/DIGITAL

[image]

We’re incredibly excited to announce Run For Cover Records’ fiftieth release, a compilation called MIXED SIGNALS.

The compilation marks a special occasion and milestone for the label. After seven years of working with so many incredible people and bands, watching them grow and doing some growing ourselves, we wanted to take this opportunity to show that the independent music community is stronger than ever.

Mixed Signals offers a snapshot of the diverse and immense talent in our scene. It brings together new, unreleased and exclusive songs from a list of bands who collectively have released some of the most worthwhile records of the past few years, toured the world, and left an indelible impact on the many they’ve performed in front of.

Run For Cover and these 12 artists have come together to prove that the independent music scene is thriving – and it’s as important as ever.

Mixed Signals will be released August 30 on CD, vinyl and digital formats. Vinyl and CD formats will be accompanied by a 28-page, perfect-bound black and white booklet with photos, lyrics and liner notes from each band. CDs will be exclusively available from Hot Topic for $4.98, as well as from bands on the road.

Tracklisting

01. Polar Bear Club – Killin’ It

02. Balance and Composure – Seahorses

03. Tigers Jaw – Distress Signals

04. Hostage Calm – The “M” Word

05. The Menzingers – Irish Goodbyes

06. CSTVT – Bassett St.

07. Daylight – Cursed

08. End of a Year Self Defense Family – I’ve Got an Idea…

09. Daytrader – Texts and Tomes

10. Make do and Mend – Coats

11. The Tower and the Fool – Die Alone

12. The World is a Beautiful Place – To the Janitor the King

Cannot wait to order this. Lack of Seahaven and Basement is a bit disappointing though. Surprised to see Basement, Title Fight and My Heart To Joy missing though considering they were listed on the initial poster. Stoked nevertheless.

Yeah yeah yeah I know. Basement and Seahaven had just written full lengths and didn't have any other songs after committing to be on it. Title Fight was a little more complicated but I am really bummed it didn't end up working out as I know they wanted to do it. My Heart to Joy never recorded vocals. All in all I am surprised at how well everything else came together. Doing comps is not easy, especially when every band has to record something new.

still waiting on my GDP preorder from 3 months ago. even tried to cancel the order and still no response..

I will totally refund you, I apologize for not getting back to you yet.

that would be awesome of you. the album is amazing, but ive been unemployed for the last 2 months and hurting on funds really bad

Yeah yeah yeah I know. Basement and Seahaven had just written full lengths and didn't have any other songs after committing to be on it. Title Fight was a little more complicated but I am really bummed it didn't end up working out as I know they wanted to do it. My Heart to Joy never recorded vocals. All in all I am surprised at how well everything else came together. Doing comps is not easy, especially when every band has to record something new.

I hope it didn't come off as condescending at all, this is still regardless the best compilation I think I've ever seen. So stoked on new tracks from Daylight and B&C. I was kinda hoping to see Title Fight's "Missed" show up on this somehow or Seahaven's "Goodnight" acoustic demo on this considering it was omitted from the Ghost/Acoustic release. But how can I even complain much when Basement and Title Fight just put out two of my absolute favorite albums of the year and Seahaven has one on the way I feel just might top them both? 2011 rules and you guys are killing it, congrats on #50!