PO: Samiam - Trips LP

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my copy today. White with some black smudges. Purdy! No download though >:(

got mine today - white with a big black smudge. Also bummed about the lack of a download code. have been spoiled as of late.

Revelation say they have colored copies, not sure if it's of the 300 white or another color...

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=HR736

I'm amazed the vinyl is still available. This is already a Samiam "classic"; in years to come people are going to be scrambling on eBay for this first press on white vinyl like they do with "Astray" and "You Are Freaking Me Out" nowadays.

It took at least 6 months to No Idea to sell the first pressing of Orphan Works !

UK press is still available one year later.

I guess Samiam are not so popular as we think they might be.

I'm amazed the vinyl is still available. This is already a Samiam "classic"; in years to come people are going to be scrambling on eBay for this first press on white vinyl like they do with "Astray" and "You Are Freaking Me Out" nowadays.

It took at least 6 months to No Idea to sell the first pressing of Orphan Works !

UK press is still available one year later.

I guess Samiam are not so popular as we think they might be.

Orphan works is a bad example. Those were mostly live and demo versions of songs already released. Huge Samiam fan but didn't pick that one up.

Definitely underrated. I recently bought the test pressings for Clumsy, You Are Freaking Me Out, and Astray on eBay for something like $30 each. Criminal.

Really? Most Samiam stuff I've seen has been selling well. Must have been poorly listed or a low BIN.

Definitely underrated. I recently bought the test pressings for Clumsy, You Are Freaking Me Out, and Astray on eBay for something like $30 each. Criminal.

Really? Most Samiam stuff I've seen has been selling well. Must have been poorly listed or a low BIN.

On second thought, it was Whatever's Got You Down that I got cheap. The test for You Are Freaking Me Out went for more than those but still waaaaay less than I sold my spare green vinyl copy for. All said and done, I got all four tests for less than I paid for the regular versions. They were listed normal but shipped from Germany so maybe that scared people off. Still can't believe how cheap they went.

On second thought, it was Whatever's Got You Down that I got cheap. The test for You Are Freaking Me Out went for more than those but still waaaaay less than I sold my spare green vinyl copy for. All said and done, I got all four tests for less than I paid for the regular versions. They were listed normal but shipped from Germany so maybe that scared people off. Still can't believe how cheap they went.

Gotcha. Did you ever own the Bitzcore version of Clumsy on color. If so what is it?

Gotcha. Did you ever own the Bitzcore version of Clumsy on color. If so what is it?

Yeah, I bought two of each on color when they came out because of the astronomical shipping. It's on clear red with some black through it. Very nice looking.

$15.68. Want to go in on it together?

Nevermind, it isn't any cheaper to buy in bulk.

I wonder if their distro deals work both ways

Hoping another distro gets it. Almost $40 ppd is pretty steep. Any word on pressing info on this one?

Rev Hq supposedly has a color too.

Wouldn't surprise me since they are based in Cali too. Any word on what color this is?

Hoping another distro gets it. Almost $40 ppd is pretty steep. Any word on pressing info on this one?

Rev Hq supposedly has a color too.

Wouldn't surprise me since they are based in Cali too. Any word on what color this is?

Just says colored vinyl. Could be white or another color. Or for this release they may consider black a color.