PO: MINUS THE BEAR "Pirates" repress/"Gigantic" LP

Thanks for the replies guys. I got there at around 9 and they went on at 930ish. Amazing set.

A couple of girls behind me kept talking about how they only owned the new cd and were wondering when they were gonna play some new songs. Among other things like how long have they been around right after Jake mentioned that it was the 10 yr anniversary. It was painful to listen to.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies guys. I got there at around 9 and they went on at 930ish. Amazing set.

A couple of girls behind me kept talking about how they only owned the new cd and were wondering when they were gonna play some new songs. Among other things like how long have they been around right after Jake mentioned that it was the 10 yr anniversary. It was painful to listen to.

i was standing next to 2 airhead girls who must have thought Minus The Bear was an 80s hair metal band. they were stripper dancing, raising their PBR tallboys (and sometimes spilling them on the guy ahead of them) and being obnoxious as hell. wooing and dancing like rock video girls. they kept bumping into me and stepping on my feet.

somewhere in all this, i hear the one girl say "i only know My Time" and then it all made sense. near the end of the HRP, they yelled for My Time after every song. it was kinda sad to see how many people actually enjoyed My Time when they finally did play it. :-/

i was standing next to 2 airhead girls who must have thought Minus The Bear was an 80s hair metal band. they were stripper dancing, raising their PBR tallboys (and sometimes spilling them on the guy ahead of them) and being obnoxious as hell. wooing and dancing like rock video girls. they kept bumping into me and stepping on my feet.

somewhere in all this, i hear the one girl say "i only know My Time" and then it all made sense. near the end of the HRP, they yelled for My Time after every song. it was kinda sad to see how many people actually enjoyed My Time when they finally did play it. :-/

Lol. I left before my time and pachuca sunrise. I've seen those songs played enough times. I'm glad I got to see them play those songs and this will probably be the last time I will see them. I was baffled when no one was even moving during songs like fine +2 PTs and spritz spritz.

I would have put boogers in their hair.

i got the 180 gram in the mail. happy with my choice cause i saw how flimsy the colored vinyl was at the show. i'm really disappointed about the quality of the mp3 download included with the record. 128 kbps encoded with iTunes 10.4. I was hoping for remastered mp3s, or at the very least high quality mp3s.

i'm gonna try to rip the vinyl this week. we'll see if i get around to it...

Saw them in Boston this past Sunday. Setlist is basically the same as posted earlier. I was impressed by the Velvet Teen. They sounded solid.

It seems that a majority of the crowd has been going bananas when MtB played "My Time", which can be annoying for long-time jaded fans like myself. The group I was with at the show are long-timers so we were all singing along to the all the old tunes.

I snagged a poster and did the meet & greet that came with it. Surprisingly enough, Dave recognized me and asked me what I was doing so far away from Ft. Lauderdale. (If you're an OG VCer, you'll remember that I hand-delivered 6 boxes of the Planet of Ice tour pressing to the band at their FTL show to help out Virgil get them to the band quick.)

caught last nights show at webster hall. setlist was pretty much identical to what everyones been saying.

but as always, this band was flawless.

and velvet teen... id like to call them slightly shorter than lions. because theyre not quite as tall as lions.

caught last nights show at webster hall. setlist was pretty much identical to what everyones been saying.

but as always, this band was flawless.

and velvet teen... id like to call them slightly shorter than lions. because theyre not quite as tall as lions.

The Velvet Teen have been a band since 2000. They pre-date As Tall As Lions (and Minus The Bear, for that matter). Their 2004 album Elysium is still one of the best things I've ever heard.

The Velvet Teen have been a band since 2000. They pre-date As Tall As Lions (and Minus The Bear, for that matter). Their 2004 album Elysium is still one of the best things I've ever heard.
Agreed. Those guys have put out so many good tunes it's ridiculous. Out Of The Fierce Parade is one of my favorite albums. Elysium is great also.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...