PO: MINUS THE BEAR "Pirates" repress/"Gigantic" LP

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got both my HRP and Gigantic in from Suicide Squeeze today. I was one of the first 100 and got the poster but no tapes. I'm pretty sure the tapes are on PO so they should be here later on?

It said on the preorder page that the tapes were going to be later and would be posted out when they were in stock, late October I think it was.

Hmm, is the sound quality really that much better on HRP? I already have this on blue, aqua and orange (the orange being my favourite) so I really don't want to pick it up again. Meh, I'm just going to order the ep, which I'm stoked about.

i haven't heard the original, but Bernie Grundman is known for being an excellent mastering engineer, and this does sound very good. you can tell it's mastered from tape, there's even a slight tape dropout at one point.

got my 180 gram HRP and clear Gigantic today with a poster. i doubt i was in the first 100 so i forgot about the tapes.

HRP sounds pretty good. it skipped on side A and i was pissed, but i brushed it again and played the song again with no skip. phew.

Gigantic rules. so glad to have this on vinyl finally. i even won tickets to see them next week. too bad i'm only going to be able to see The Velvet Teen then hop to another place to see Explosions In The Sky! damn overlap in set times!