does anyone here like dubstep?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if so, why? that shit is horrible.

i guess i just don't get it ???

I ask my friend this as well. He DJ's and produces and is obsessed with those stupid wubs. Most of the kids here in san antonio say they like dubstep, but they probably don't even know what it is, besides skrillex. haha.

I listen to some artists that incorporate dubstep, so i guess i like it to an extent. Like most things these days it's been altered to a gimmick in my opinion.

one time, i went to play some music while with a group of people. but this other dude beat me to it. and whatever he put on made my ears want to punch him immediately.

but without letting that show, i calmly asked, "who is this?"

his response: "oh, you probably wont like it... its dubstep."

that being said- im a huge fan of The Weeknd - House of Balloons. according to wiki, they fall in the category of dubstep indie r&b. ???

one time, i went to play some music while with a group of people. but this other dude beat me to it. and whatever he put on made my ears want to punch him immediately.

but without letting that show, i calmly asked, "who is this?"

his response: "oh, you probably wont like it... its dubstep."

that being said- im a huge fan of The Weeknd - House of Balloons. according to wiki, they fall in the category of dubstep indie r&b. ???

That's the mentality that a lot of people my friends hangs around with have. They think their awesome for liking Drops and the sort.

i love the dub trio who i think incorporate alot of it in their music and are heavily influenced by king tubby.

not sure if this actually is classified as dubstep....never really even heard of the term dubstep...just dub music.

going to bed and don't feel like searching so if anyone can shed some light that would be great.

Guest markovianprocess

Listening to dubstep makes me feel very old (at only 23 years old). It also sort of makes me feel inferior for not understanding what it is that is so good about it. Sort of like poetry. Maybe we're all the ones that are missing out. Maybe not.

I like it and even take stabs at making it myself once in a while. I'm not sure what it is about it that I like, the bass and beats I guess? It's the electronic equivalent of breakdowns and I do love me some chugs soooo yeah. To each their own, if you can't jam it that's cool but before you completely discredit just know that it's actually pretty goddamn challenging to make "decent, original" bass (quoted since that's obviously subjective). Probably the most frustrating genre I've ever tried to mess with for that reason alone.

I still have no idea what this shit is, or what differentiates it from any other form of electronic music...every single person at my last job just went on and on about it...I think my lack of understanding of the genre or any sort of appreciation of the genre stems from abstaining from all drugs (with the exception of Caffeine and Alcohol). I have no problem with kids getting into this genre, I just really wish people would stop attempting to legitimize the genre and attempting to get me interested in it.

my bands bass player fell for this dubstep trend.

i don't get it.

i've always hated techno in general (though trance can be quite entertaining when experimenting with psychedelics) dubstep just sounds like a computer taking a shit.

also, i'll admit when i first kids talking about dubstep i thought they were referring to..like...reggae dub.

i had no clue it was bullshit techno.

im a bass player. im not sure what dubstep REALLY is, but i really like bassnectar...(if thats dubstep? which ive heard lorin gets mad if you call him dubstep?)

its the beats, bass, and just madness. its kind of got a metal edge in its own weird way, which i like

its music...does anyone here like country? if so, why?

@birdwell I don't do anything, smoke, drink, whatever and I can still dig it though there deff is that aspect of it for some people. My roommates and boyfriend are all about blazing and tripping on it, stupid to me but I'm obviously biased. I think one of the main attractions for people into lots of electronic stuff is that from a sound design perspective, it's interesting just to see what kind of bass sounds can be "designed". Most people just appreciate it for it having a shitload of low end and like to go on youtube and say "OMG THIS IS AS NASTY AS [insert morbid/incest joke]". It's all subjective, what sounds like shit to you sounds good to someone else and vice versa, that's how music works.

Also like Flood said, there's lots of good dubstep and lots of total garbage AKA brostep.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':rpxvhmcd]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':rpxvhmcd]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

agreed, I'm not attempting to get anybody to not listen to what they enjoy (unless what you enjoy is Nickelback...fuck that). I just want people to stop attempting to get me into this genre of music...I don't understand it, I don't enjoy what I've been shown, i highly doubt I'm ever going to be into it. in regards to "country" music, I definitely enjoy "country" music....i don't enjoy the pop music with a twangy guitar and faked country accenct that plays on the radio and television though....throw on some Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, George Jones, ect. and I'm totally down...or some Hayes Carll, Pine Hill Haints, Cory Branan, Austin Lucas...