Nazi Records

I was going through a WWII photoblog earlier this morning, and stumbled across a picture of a Nazi record booth at a 1932 radio exhibition in Berlin. Turns out, they had their own gramophone plate industry that just cranked out Nazi propaganda records. An interesting collision of history and music, to say the least.

[image]

I was going through a WWII photoblog earlier this morning, and stumbled across a picture of a Nazi record booth at a 1932 radio exhibition in Berlin. Turns out, they had their own gramophone plate industry that just cranked out Nazi propaganda records. An interesting collision of history and music, to say the least.

[image]

looks they're having a blast!

I really want stuff like this. Not in a pro-Nazi way, but to have a piece of history like that seems really cool to me. There's this record store downtown that has this Pesi-Cola 7" from WWII. Apparently they went to the frontlines, and recorded messages to take home to whoever cared to listen (family, friends, WWII-era Pepsi-fanatics, etc.). The owner said he'd sell it to me for a quarter since he apparently never got around to even checking to see if it was in any selling condition, but he's since lost it among the stacks of records he's always sorting through. Sad shit.

But yeah... on top of collecting discographies and variants, I'm super interested in collecting historically significant records.

I do too, he was pretty awesome in an entertaining/comedic kind of way.

Also, thanks for the link to the other thread, having a lot of fun reading this again.

What a clusterfuck.

A lot of people on this board made me roll my eyes...hard.

"Even the Japanese hate whitey. I know I do."

Not really sure what she was going for there...