Suburban Home 50% Off Sale

I didn't see anyone post this yet. Got the SH newsletter tonight. Some pretty good deals. I was excited to get Josh Small "Juke" for $6.

"TODAY, I am offering to sell nearly my entire catalog at 50 percent off of the retail price. Half off means that LPs for the most part will be $6, CDs will be $5, and 7″s will be $3. September is Suburban Home’s 16th Anniversary so why not put together a crazy sale. Starting today and ending September 10th (10 days), you can buy almost every Suburban Home release at half off the retail price through our store at Shop Radiocast. The only items not on sale are Suburban Home’s newest releases (recent Under the Influence 7″s, Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground “introducing”, Gregory Alan Isakov “That Sea, The Gambler” LP, Joey Briggs “The Traveling Salesman” CD, and our I Listen to Independent Music and Drink Craft Beer T-shirt).

Please take this opportunity to pick up some of the records that you might have missed out on before or help improve your friends’ record collections by getting them some of your favorite SH releases.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DISCOUNTED PRICE WON’T BE REFLECTED UNTIL YOU CHECK OUT. ALSO NOTE THAT U.S.

ORDERS GET $4.99 ALL YOU CAN BUY SHIPPPING."

Maybe its just because I'm highly particular about my music but I've never given a shit about SH releases other than the licensed/distributed titles like Portugal. The Man, Minus The Bear and These Arms Are Snakes. When it comes to their actual label roster, those bands seem so boring. I've sampled very little of it but what little I sampled was so incredibly lackluster that I couldn't bring myself to attempt to listen to any other bands they put out.

Is it just me? Can anyone recommend any good releases by SH?

Maybe its just because I'm highly particular about my music but I've never given a shit about SH releases other than the licensed/distributed titles like Portugal. The Man, Minus The Bear and These Arms Are Snakes. When it comes to their actual label roster, those bands seem so boring. I've sampled very little of it but what little I sampled was so incredibly lackluster that I couldn't bring myself to attempt to listen to any other bands they put out.

Cory Branan & Jon Snodgrass.....I can't tell you how many times I've played this record, only complaint is that it's not long enough

Tim Barry -- "Rivanna Junction" (pretty much anything he's put out is great)

Drag The River -- "Closed" (pretty much anything they've put out)

Josh Small -- "Tall" (pretty much anything he's put out)

Austin Lucas -- "Someone Loves You" (pretty much anything he's put out)

I know how much everybody hates on Virgil here...but I do enjoy the majority of his labels releases...

Guest markovianprocess

Cory Branan & Jon Snodgrass.....I can't tell you how many times I've played this record, only complaint is that it's not long enough

Tim Barry -- "Rivanna Junction" (pretty much anything he's put out is great)

Drag The River -- "Closed" (pretty much anything they've put out)

Josh Small -- "Tall" (pretty much anything he's put out)

Austin Lucas -- "Someone Loves You" (pretty much anything he's put out)

I know how much everybody hates on Virgil here...but I do enjoy the majority of his labels releases...

I really enjoyed:

Playing Favorites - I Remember When I Was Pretty (might be my favourite SH release)

Useless ID - Lost Broken Bones (one of the most underrated SH bands)

A Wilhelm Scream - Mute Print (great record)

The Takers - Taker Easy,

Look Mexico and Portugal. The Man are great but I haven't heard those particular records of theirs.