DEFTONES "The Vinyl Collection 1995-2011" box set

I'd say the timing is a bit shitty for HT, so it would seem might have led to the boxset being made due to the success of these represses. Regardless everybody is going to make money here and more options for the fans I think is great. People buying physical copies of music is win for all of us in the end.

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the timing is a bit shitty for HT, so it would seem might have led to the boxset being made due to the success of these represses. Regardless everybody is going to make money here and more options for the fans I think is great. People buying physical copies of music is win for all of us in the end.

wow, this board is a bitch fest today.

regardless of whatever backlash comes my way, I really don't see a direct conflict between a box set of all the records for $200 and two single represses for probably $20.99 each.

each release serves people on one side of the market or the other and some in the middle who will get both. a lot of people missed out on SNW and 'ST'. and all the rest of these have been available very recently, so given the fact that 500 boxes have already been sold anyway seems to say to me that there are enough people that want deftones ANYTHING to make both releases a success.

wow, this board is a bitch fest today.

regardless of whatever backlash comes my way, I really don't see a direct conflict between a box set of all the records for $200 and two single represses for probably $20.99 each.

each release serves people on one side of the market or the other and some in the middle who will get both. a lot of people missed out on SNW and 'ST'. and all the rest of these have been available very recently, so given the fact that 500 boxes have already been sold anyway seems to say to me that there are enough people that want deftones ANYTHING to make both releases a success.

Did you do the $230 in full, or did you stumble across another coupon for BSM?

Just ordered it, wish I had a coupon code.

i hear that. i heavily reconsidered after i found that the code no longer worked, but in the end i ended up pulling the trigger. aaaand i'll probably get the HT represses as well. can't help it man, i fuckin love deftones.

Did you do the $230 in full, or did you stumble across another coupon for BSM?

Just ordered it, wish I had a coupon code.

i hear that. i heavily reconsidered after i found that the code no longer worked, but in the end i ended up pulling the trigger. aaaand i'll probably get the HT represses as well. can't help it man, i fuckin love deftones.

seriously i need a BSM code... Maybe i will email them and ask for one. has anyone tried that?

Just did this with a few inquiries. Here's the basic response I received.

• < 100 copies remain in BSM's inventory.

• There are currently no active coupons for BSM.

• There is no plan to release a coupon anytime in the near future.

I hope that helps you more than it helped me; if anything, I'm even more compelled to shell out $230 for this thing... knowing that it probably won't last through the weekend. Something I told myself I wouldn't do, but damn does it look glorious. The money's there, and it is Deftones we're talking about. Maybe Christmas will come early this year.

seriously i need a BSM code... Maybe i will email them and ask for one. has anyone tried that?

I hope that helps you more than it helped me; if anything, I'm even more compelled to shell out $230 for this thing... knowing that it probably won't last through the weekend. Something I told myself I wouldn't do, but damn does it look glorious. The money's there, and it is Deftones we're talking about. Maybe Christmas will come early this year.

What sucked about the Mastodon box set?

i mean, it was a nice set but the represses outside of the box would have been the ideal treatment for the artwork in the box. it was pretty expensive for truncated art in a letterbox format. plus all the LP's are in single jackets, not even gatefolds for the 2xLP albums. i just wish it had a slightly better execution for the $200+ price tag.

the records all sound great though, but they said it would be the final Blood Mountain pressing then Blood Mountain got repressed afterwards. ::) somewhat similar to the HT represses then a box set of all the vinyl gets released for Deftones.

What sucked about the Mastodon box set?

i mean, it was a nice set but the represses outside of the box would have been the ideal treatment for the artwork in the box. it was pretty expensive for truncated art in a letterbox format. plus all the LP's are in single jackets, not even gatefolds for the 2xLP albums. i just wish it had a slightly better execution for the $200+ price tag.

the records all sound great though, but they said it would be the final Blood Mountain pressing then Blood Mountain got repressed afterwards. ::) somewhat similar to the HT represses then a box set of all the vinyl gets released for Deftones.

well, i guess im fucked. =/ thanks for the info though. it really sucks. it was horrible timing. the day the box set went up for sale i decided that since i had extra money i was going to pay off my medical bill in full. that was a bad idea... sucks.