NFG - Catalyst

emoboo

It's totally understandable that Chad would've wanted but isn't Ross really trying to be kind here? Asking him before releasing it...

why did ETR get the rights and not 6131?

i don't see anywhere where he asked first. unless i missread that whole tweet thing. he was jumping through hoops for six months before letting the band know.

Is this record really good? I like NFG but the few times I tried listening to it, I just couldn't get into it at all for some reason.

i always thought it was their weakest release. would buy though because the guy who did the cover art did my tattoo so its seems right.

coming home.....now i would be all over that.

http://www.billboard.com/#/album/new-found-glory/catalyst/630148 Seeing as it got up to number 3 on the charts back when that was actually a feat I'd say it is big deal.

i always thought it was their weakest release. would buy though because the guy who did the cover art did my tattoo so its seems right.

coming home.....now i would be all over that.

http://www.billboard.com/#/album/new-found-glory/catalyst/630148 Seeing as it got up to number 3 on the charts back when that was actually a feat I'd say it is big deal.

not sure this has anything to do with liking the album or not.

not sure this has anything to do with liking the album or not.

You said weakest release. It was their strongest (not opinion) release.

It's totally understandable that Chad would've wanted but isn't Ross really trying to be kind here? Asking him before releasing it...

Are you slow? He is telling him that he is pressing it. Not asking for permission.

Im in the process of trying to work it out with chad but he was pretty pissed at universal for approving me and not his friends label. That being said, I am going to try and work out a solution but most likely not going to happen through us or anytime soon for that matter. I made a point to hit up chad within hours of getting any sort of preliminary approval because I know hes a big vinyl enthusiast and expressed interested in pressing this at one point. That being said, he seemed more so pissed at universal than anything else and im not looking to piss off anyone after the whole rxb issue(who I also contacted before the record was pressed but chose to ignore me until pre order went up). This time considering its not too late, if the band isnt cool with it then im not cool with it.

Are you slow? He is telling him that he is pressing it. Not asking for permission.

Read Ross' response.

Read Ross' response.

He worked for six months on the release and was given permission to press the record AND THEN HE CONTACTED CHAD. That is it there is no more. You get the bands permission first or you don't press it.

Read Ross' response.

He worked for six months on the release and was given permission to press the record AND THEN HE CONTACTED CHAD. That is it there is no more. You get the bands permission first or you don't press it.

Was more so back and fourth about potential details so I could get a unit price form universal(no artwork or anything like that was ever made/submitted). As soon as I found out it was a possibility of happening then I hit up chad knowing he was interested in pressing it. I didnt hit em up before asking for approval from universal because

1) Why waste my and his time for something that most likely would get denied by the people who ultimately own it and have the final say

2)for the 10th time this week, If the band/chad does not want me involved then I will happily walk away and hopefully he can get his his friends label on board. Its not my fault universal denied his friend and approved me and that being said, unless I get the bands blessing then I will not move forward

1) Why waste my and his time for something that most likely would get denied by the people who ultimately own it and have the final say

Because that is the decent thing to do.

Bands, unless it is explicitly covered in the contract, have no say over how their product gets used after it is in the hands of their label. Why would the dude contact the band first? Forget "what's right," get over it, and maybe work out a cooperative release. I don't understand what the issue is here.

Because that is the decent thing to do.

how is that any different than not moving forward with it after asking the band? I put in for like 10 titles at the same time from universal and only got approved for this one as of now. The only difference is wasting my own time and this thread starting of people with conflicted opinions.

Ive contacted EVERY SINGLE band that ive attempted to or have re-issued their album. Some of which dont respond , some who are more than happy to give something back to their fans and willing to get involved(early november,iata,tsl) and some of which are not cool with it. Any band that is not cool with it, I have not moved forward except for rx bandits because by the time they responded, pre order was already up and the record were pressed. They chose to ignore the 5-10 attempts of contact to various members and management hoping it would go away. Their guitarist(steve) told me via email and a mutual friend of ours(via text) that he would forward all the info to their manager and have her deal with it. She was sent the same emails as the band members but never responded. If they had told me that it was an issue before thousands of dollars were laid out and orders were placed then I would have pulled the plug on it.

I don't get why 6131 doesn't just give you half the cost of production and you co-release it since you did all the "legal" work. That sounds like it'd work perfect.

thats what I proposed in the email to chad. Have me deal with universal and their bullshit which is the hardest and most time consuming part. Have us do it together and 6131 deal with the band webstore/tour edition and ill handle retail version and maybe small variant for my store. Waiting for a response but not expecting anything at this point. I doubt chad is even gonna read my response to his email further explaining the situation and what he is pissed. Once he gave me further details about universal and what happened on their end, I dont blame him for being pissed. He should be directing his anger towards universal though, all I did was express interest in pressing it up to this point.

I don't get why 6131 doesn't just give you half the cost of production and you co-release it since you did all the "legal" work. That sounds like it'd work perfect.

thats what I proposed in the email to chad. Have me deal with universal and their bullshit which is the hardest and most time consuming part. Have us do it together and 6131 deal with the band webstore/tour edition and ill handle retail version and maybe small variant for my store. Waiting for a response but not expecting anything at this point. I doubt chad is even gonna read my response to his email further explaining the situation and what he is pissed. Once he gave me further details about universal and what happened on their end, I dont blame him for being pissed. He should be directing his anger towards universal though, all I did was express interest in pressing it up to this point.

If he really wants to get it out and doesn't take advantage of the fact that you broke through the stubborn ignorance of a major label, then he is dumb.

YEah, I already suggested that, essentially.

Had a few emails back and fourth with chad about the situation. He was more so pissed at universal for their lack of communication with them about this and then all of a sudden I stepped him which clearly added to his frustration in dealing with them.

Long story short, no hard feelings from either of us and I am most likely going to help chad get in touch with my contact at universal so he can set something up with one of his friends labels. One way or another the album will probably come out on vinyl within the next year, just not through us. Not much more I can do to help the situation, people can think or say whatever they want about me or my label but I did all I could in order to fix this situation and I never had any intention of releasing anything behind the bands back or without their blessing. I made a point to let them know everything I could and backed off once they made it clear they had their own plans.

Hope you all enjoyed the unnecessary drama and hopefully we can see a proper re-issue of this in the next year one way or another through the band