NFG - Catalyst

emoboo

SO it looks like Enjoy the Ride records will be putting NFG - Catalyst some point soon. And already there are issues!

From twitter:

EnjoytherideRES Ross Shotland

@XChadballX Hey Chad,my label got approved for a vinyl re-issue of catalyst from universal and I know wanted to re-issue it yourself at somepoint so I wanted to run the idea of making you guys a tour variant so you can make some money. I emailed toni at CEG so we can try and work something out that benefits both of us.Please try to get them to respond to me about it. Thanks so much,Enjoy Tour!

XChadballX Chad Gilbert of NFG

@EnjoytherideRES You get approved then you ask me? No thanks. I've been trying to release that through my friends label. Bull shit.

@EnjoytherideRES I would have told you no. Thanks for grabbing my record without our approval. We will not support it. If you are a random label and rerelease one of our old records without our consent then ask us to help out we will tell you to suck it!

They go on for a while...

Looking forward to the vinyl, not the problems...

Wow, I hope they can get everything sorted out. Again, I spoke to chad after meeting the band the day Radiosurgery was released and he said that he was hoping to put this out on 6131. Guessing that's his friends label? I hope the band and the labels can come to an agreement that they can both be content with.

Solution: 6131 pays some of the licensing fee back to ETR for some of the rights to press, they get their exclusive color, and ETR gets their exclusive color. NFG gets their tour color out of the deal as well.

Really easy, and not entirely possible, I'm sure, as Chad seems really pissed.

SO it looks like Enjoy the Ride records will be putting NFG - Catalyst some point soon. And already there are issues!

From twitter:

@XChadballX Hey Chad,my label got approved for a vinyl re-issue of catalyst from universal and I know wanted to re-issue it yourself at somepoint so I wanted to run the idea of making you guys a tour variant so you can make some money. I emailed toni at CEG so we can try and work something out that benefits both of us.Please try to get them to respond to me about it. Thanks so much,Enjoy Tour!

@EnjoytherideRES You get approved then you ask me? No thanks. I've been trying to release that through my friends label. Bull shit.

@EnjoytherideRES I would have told you no. Thanks for grabbing my record without our approval. We will not support it. If you are a random label and rerelease one of our old records without our consent then ask us to help out we will tell you to suck it!

Im in the process of trying to work it out with chad but he was pretty pissed at universal for approving me and not his friends label. That being said, I am going to try and work out a solution but most likely not going to happen through us or anytime soon for that matter. I made a point to hit up chad within hours of getting any sort of preliminary approval because I know hes a big vinyl enthusiast and expressed interested in pressing this at one point. That being said, he seemed more so pissed at universal than anything else and im not looking to piss off anyone after the whole rxb issue(who I also contacted before the record was pressed but chose to ignore me until pre order went up). This time considering its not too late, if the band isnt cool with it then im not cool with it.

Fuck Chad, I'm totally behind ETR on this.

lol yea...FUCK the guy who wrote the album.

He's always been my least favorite, though.

I've wanted a copy of Catalyst on vinyl for a LONG time (screw just having the singles) and ETR's done a great job on a bunch of other releases that I've always wanted to see on wax, so this is no different. If you do the major label thing, shit happens. Deal with it, but don't fuck over your fans, too.

From twitter:

Im in the process of trying to work it out with chad but he was pretty pissed at universal for approving me and not his friends label. That being said, I am going to try and work out a solution but most likely not going to happen through us or anytime soon for that matter. I made a point to hit up chad within hours of getting any sort of preliminary approval because I know hes a big vinyl enthusiast and expressed interested in pressing this at one point. That being said, he seemed more so pissed at universal than anything else and im not looking to piss off anyone after the whole rxb issue(who I also contacted before the record was pressed but chose to ignore me until pre order went up). This time considering its not too late, if the band isnt cool with it then im not cool with it.

Reasonable.

I hope his anger was directed more towards Universal, it's not like Ross did anything wrong. Chad kind of comes off as a dick there in those messages.

Surely something can get worked out between the labels.

Word...I hope ETR does this release, I love how both TSL and TEN 10"s came out...and I bet the color swirl combos that are going to be used for this will be epic .

From twitter:

I hope it works out for you.

Is this record really good? I like NFG but the few times I tried listening to it, I just couldn't get into it at all for some reason.

i always thought it was their weakest release. would buy though because the guy who did the cover art did my tattoo so its seems right.

coming home.....now i would be all over that.