Sortof Official Tooth and Nail Vinyl Discography

kriss

No no, Joe was there from beginning to end. I think he's quite keen on Slick Shoes still, not bitter.

I don't think anyone was kicked out? I think all the member changes were due to natural quittings? I might be wrong.

Right on. For some reason I remember thinking there was some sort of fissure at some point due to religious beliefs. When I interviewed their singer for HM back in 2003, he spoke a bit about the semantics of the beliefs in relation to their band. Guess I'll send a tweet!

Frodus - cong int was a single LP on tooth and nail.

I remember almost buying a copy from their bass player at one point and then email communication broke down for some reason or another - I have the double LP re-issue now. Sorry for asking, but what were the things added to what I have? I don't remember there being a variance in the track listing.

When I interviewed their singer for HM back in 2003, he spoke a bit about the semantics of the beliefs in relation to their band. Guess I'll send a tweet!

You wrote/write for HM? That magazine was my gateway into a lot of the bands that i love to this day. i just started subscribing again to find out that they are going digital-only, which is kind of a let-down.

Hah yeah. I started freelancing for them in my senior year of high school when I sent Doug a mock review I'd written for FSF's second record - apparently the reviewer of that record had dropped the ball and he liked the review so he ended up printing it. I wrote for them on a nearly monthly basis up until about 2006. For some reason I've still gotten copies of the magazine in the mail every where I've moved even though I haven't contributed anything in a number of years.

Frodus - cong int was a single LP on tooth and nail.

I remember almost buying a copy from their bass player at one point and then email communication broke down for some reason or another - I have the double LP re-issue now. Sorry for asking, but what were the things added to what I have? I don't remember there being a variance in the track listing.

the double LP is at 45 RPM, and there's the spoken track at the end. I think they just wanted the album to have some breathing room and be cut as loud as possible. It's a 43 minute album, which totally could have fit on a single LP.

Hah yeah. I started freelancing for them in my senior year of high school when I sent Doug a mock review I'd written for FSF's second record - apparently the reviewer of that record had dropped the ball and he liked the review so he ended up printing it. I wrote for them on a nearly monthly basis up until about 2006. For some reason I've still gotten copies of the magazine in the mail every where I've moved even though I haven't contributed anything in a number of years.

Funny thing, a few years ago I sent Doug a review I wrote as a sample and he offered to let me write reviews. But then he never emailed me again.

I could have been famous, HA.

Hah, hardly. I've only had one instance where someone recognized me as a writer for the magazine and that was at Cornerstone (talk about a small pond). The pay wasn't the best - I think it was $10 bucks per review and $25+ for feature articles or blurbs depending on word count and size.

No no, Joe was there from beginning to end. I think he's quite keen on Slick Shoes still, not bitter.

I don't think anyone was kicked out? I think all the member changes were due to natural quittings? I might be wrong.

Right on. For some reason I remember thinking there was some sort of fissure at some point due to religious beliefs. When I interviewed their singer for HM back in 2003, he spoke a bit about the semantics of the beliefs in relation to their band. Guess I'll send a tweet!

There might have been. Ryan (singer) and Joe (drummer) were the only original members left. The string players might not have been christian, I don't know about that, but I think Ryan and Joe was and still is.

You can add The Crucified - pillars of humanity to the list. T&N put out the remixed/remastered cd in 2009, Vinyl Remains and Veritas Vinyl are putting out the vinyl version this month.

It originally came out on Ocean, I keep leaning towards making that T&N related since it went so long being apart until it was packaged into the CD boxset.