stream the Lou Reed/Metallica album, preorder up

This makes Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music look like a work of genius.

This is going to sound pretentious of me, but from one standpoint, it really was one. Not since the 40's when labels were putting out 78's of Musique Concrete did a major put so much onto an album (RCA were at this point still dumb enough to believe they could make Lou into a bonafide pop machine) that was so weird for the mainstream. Of course it failed and now the album's a litmus test to see if a listener truly has what it takes to ..ahem, walk on the wild side with their tastes, but in the 70's in a pre Merzbow world, an album of extended harsh noise and feedback was downright revolutionary.

I honestly thought that I was being punk'd when I downloaded this leak a couple of days ago. I laughed out loud and thought to myself "wow, someone went through a lot of effort to make up a fake leak for this record."

And then it hit me - this is real life. I'm sad to be alive during these dark times.

The View is literally the funniest song I have ever heard, Weird Al doesn't even need to make a parody because it's already so fucking funny.

Lars Ulrich's work on that song is pretty damn good compared to all those "____ shreds" videos.

The first time I heard that song, I actually thought it was one of those shred videos and that the site where I streamed it from was fucking with everyone. This just makes the interview I read with Lou Reed talking about this album as the "best album ever recorded" even funnier.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music. I like things ranging from the poppy to the obscure and go into albums with an open mind. That being said, I just do not get this. I've listened to as much as I could and I just don't get it. Futhermore, I cannot fathom people paying $110 for the deluxe version/

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music. I like things ranging from the poppy to the obscure and go into albums with an open mind. That being said, I just do not get this. I've listened to as much as I could and I just don't get it. Futhermore, I cannot fathom people paying $110 for the deluxe version/

I agree...it feels so pretentious, kind of like Metallica and Lou Reed feel that they can release anything they want because of their name and their fans will eat it up

I really hope this album flops and metallica breaks up...

Some bands just don't know when to stop

does anyone else think this would be leagues better if lou reed wasn't on it? don't get me wrong, it still wouldn't be very good, but with lou reed it sounds like an old man doing demonic spoken word over a metallica track.

Call it preference, but I don't believe Lou Reed can be the sole culprit in this train wreck.

This is a good moral to abide by. I was never the hugest Metallica fan honestly but I have a really high regard for Reed's work in The Velvet Underground (particularly on White Light/White Heat) as well as Metal Machine Music. Ten years from now, this is still going to create just as many laughs as it's creating today when it tops every media outlet's Worst Of at the end of the decade.

Wow, I had some new found respect for Metallica after Death Magnetic came out. But I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking with this crap. Its fucking terrible. Even if no one was singing it would still be the worst rock album to come out in a long time. Then you have Lou Reed reading some 12 year old's terrible poetry on top of it, and I lose all respect again. Thank god for Kill em All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, & and Justice for All.