NO IDEA PARKING LOT SALE... on SUNDAY!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we were standing in the never-ending yard sale line, we legitimately debated placing an order on noidearecords.com via our phones and then heading up to the front with the receipt, at which point we would've asked to get our records.

Serious question, Var: Would you have allowed this?

While we were standing in the never-ending yard sale line, we legitimately debated placing an order on noidearecords.com via our phones and then heading up to the front with the receipt, at which point we would've asked to get our records.

Yes, of course. I have always been surprised that no one did this... or that they did not place an order a week early with a note "will pick up at fest".

Next year, we will just abandon the entire line concept and opt instead for the free-for-all approach. Maybe we'll set up in a "circle the wagons" fashion in the middle of the lot. Where does the line start? No one knows.

I will say this, for the record*: we have never mandated the whole "line thing". The punks worked that system out for themselves. Seriously. Does anyone remember the year that the line went the OTHER way, down the side of the street? That was dumb AND I think it rained that year too. Me, I have been an advocate of the "take a number" system, where we have a bunch of massage chairs set up out front and you can pay $1 a minutes to the massage school folks to fix your back problems. And we would announce via a broken, yet very loud megaphone that the #'s 50-70 may now approach the table.

* I mean, really, who is ever going to say the phrase, "for the download"? Nobody. That is the sole reason vinyl lives on, I am convinced of it.

Yes, of course. I have always been surprised that no one did this... or that they did not place an order a week early with a note "will pick up at fest".

Next year, we will just abandon the entire line concept and opt instead for the free-for-all approach. Maybe we'll set up in a "circle the wagons" fashion in the middle of the lot. Where does the line start? No one knows.

I will say this, for the record*: we have never mandated the whole "line thing". The punks worked that system out for themselves. Seriously. Does anyone remember the year that the line went the OTHER way, down the side of the street? That was dumb AND I think it rained that year too. Me, I have been an advocate of the "take a number" system, where we have a bunch of massage chairs set up out front and you can pay $1 a minutes to the massage school folks to fix your back problems. And we would announce via a broken, yet very loud megaphone that the #'s 50-70 may now approach the table.

* I mean, really, who is ever going to say the phrase, "for the download"? Nobody. That is the sole reason vinyl lives on, I am convinced of it.

Lol I like that. Although I will admit the punks were nice and orderly. A free for all would kind of be a shitshow. I'm down for the numbers idea for sure.

Also I'm not sure about placing an order ahead though. We would have to haggle over the surprise of fest exclusives. ;) Wouldn't want to spill pulled pork over Chuck Ragan records.

i wanted that metal cover version of the Young Livers LP so bad. sucks to be poor.
Does it bum you that I still have it? It told me that it was lonely and that it misses your flirtatious glances. Think about it.

i thought only it saw that.. damnit, i need to be more subtle next time.

seriously, im surprised you still have one, and once i get a damn job, you should be expecting a PM.

PS: the bbq was rather tasty, especially the potato salad.

The Bomb - FEST COVER - freakin' list already.

1. gkersey

2. larsensteiner

3. audmill

4. joshpsmsc

5. bathroommonkey (i'd like to just trade out my already ordered copy for a fest copy, i don't do multiple dealies)

Post that you want one and I'll add you to this.

I think the list is like this . Thnaks for cutting me out larsensteiner :)

From the thunderous reaches of "I'm sleepy" slinks forth the terrifying swamp-me! Run away with fearsome! Avast!

Okay, so maybe anyone that wants this high art should send a PayPal slice of their life-debt to me (as a gift) to:

[email protected]

$12 + postage. $4 media or $6 priority. Outside USA = more.

If you have an order in with NI already, I can try to add this to save postage. I so, I will refund or credit after the fact. Cool?

Also, if you want a regular version too, add $10. If you want a couple colors, add $20. But really, one will probably do. The 11" jackets turned out well. I did the final rendering on each and every copy by hand, so they are "special", haha. Feel the dorkness!

Test pressings available to the misguided and obsessive. Gladly!

Will also trade for dumb things and some smart things too. C-B-LO.