VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

On top of being terrible, Eva Marie missed a kick-out and the fans were having none of it lmao. They're trying to hype her up as this next big thing and it's just embarrassing.

Other notes from NXT:

• Apollo Crews is a star. He's the perfect hybrid of a powerhouse and a high-flyer, has natural charisma and can talk
  • Jordan & Gable remind me of the World's Greatest Tag Team, only more charismatic
  • Gargano and Ciampa seem to get quite the push for a debuting team that isn't even signed
  • Balor/Joe teaming up is pretty rad

I like how they're making a big deal out of this Tag Team Tournament.

I marked hard for Ciampa and Gargano (mostly for Johnny Wrestling)! Looking forward to their match next week.

I stopped paying attention during the Eva Marie match but heard the crowd go apeshit and asked my buddies that has watched why. Surprised they didn't edit that for the broadcast, it's like nobody gives a shit about how bad she is.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm going to do a shameless plug real quick. This will be the only time I mention it.

Tonight I'm going to be premiering a new wrestling podcast called Top Rope Review. It will be a wrestling reviews/reports/and interviews type podcast. You can listen live and call in every Sunday from 6-7 pm est at www.PodcastDetroit.com and if you can't listen live you will be able to listen later on in the week through all the main podcast apps. If anyone is interested in tuning in that would be great! You can also like us in Facebook for future updates! Facebook.com/TopRopeReview

Glad Owens is champion again. Also glad Charlotte won the title but that match was awfully one-dimensional. Oh well, I take it. But please change that godawful butterfly belt.

Brocktober should be dope. I did not expect him and especially Taker in a Hell in a Cell match but that should be interesting.

Rollins is the man. I still don't get why Cena had to lose the US title in the first place though. Just to have that Jon Stewart skit I guess?

In a month, I'll go to my first houseshow in three years and I'm super pissed that they removed Owens and Cena at the last minute - and replaced them with Big Show and Kane out of all people.

At least I'll get Cesaro, Rollins, New Day and the freaking Dudley Boyz but I was really looking forward to Owens. And getting R-Truth and Alicia Fox instead of Neville and Sasha Banks is pretty lame as well.

Also, this poster is everything that's wrong with this company. I mean, I get that it's probably Kane's final run but give me a goddamn break.

n1Bxl7l.jpg

The whole show was great but that Ironman match ... holy christ, that was unbelievable. Bayley is the perfect face and Sasha is the perfect heel and it's incredible how much they've improved in a year.

As far as WWE's MOTY go:

1. Bayley vs. Banks - Respect

2. Bayley vs. Banks - Brooklyn

3. Owens vs. Cena - Chamber

4. Lesnar vs. Rollins vs. Cena - Rumble

5. Owens vs. Balor - Beast in the East

i have to agree with your Top 5. No other matches evoked more emotion in me than the 2 Banks/Bayley matches. Any of the Cena/Owens matches would do for me, but i think the Chamber match is the right call. RR Triple Threat was good fun and overall just a dope match.

Yeah, all of their matches were great but the first one takes the cake because it was Owens' main roster debut and he beat Cena clean.

Lynch-Banks from Unstoppable was pretty good as well (and Cena's Open Challenges against Zayn and Neville) but I wanted to include Balor somewhere and their main event in Japan was one of my favorite things this year.

I think I'm gonna watch the Ironman match again. Literally everything about it was fucking amazing.