VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Winner Takes All is worrying me. Cena doesn't need the World Title, Rollins doesn't need the US Title and unifying both titles after investing so much in the latter title makes absolutely no sense. And I don't want to hate on Cena again who's been doing so well in the midcard, winning basically everybody over who he pissed off in the last five years.

Also, Brock-Taker is basically a lose-lose situation as well since Lesnar's Suplex City momentum could come to an abrupt halt and Taker just re-emerged and sorta needs a win, too (let's be honest, no one remembers his victory over Wyatt at WM, they've been acting like he hasn't shown up since WM 30).

Don't get me wrong, both matches are probably gonna be fucking great but I'm not sure who'll ultimately benefit. That and the 4-hour running time sound like short-term booking to turn SummerSlam into a huge blockbuster.

but it's way too hard to believe an old man could put up a fight against Lesnar.

You're right. An old man couldn't, but a ***DEADMAN*** certainly could.

I agree though. Hoping to see Lesnar roll through Taker. I love Taker, but I don't see how having Taker win is good for Brock's momentum. Summerslam will probably be a fun watch.

I'd like to see Brock dominate, but I think we deserve to see Taker put up more of a fight than we've seen from Cena and certainly Rollins. Not only does Taker have the size, but also the mythology behind the character that allow him to "believably" hang for a bit.

Either way, we're going to see more from him than we did in their last match.

Also, the two near-falls in the Rollins/Neville match have to be contenders for mark out moments of the year.

Apparently that is causing a lot of drama behind the scenes. ROH have a show the same night as the NXT event and it's featuring NJPW guys. Apparently Liger went behind ROH's back and agreed to wrestle for WWE. ROH and NJPW have some kind of agreement to lend each other talent.

You can't really blame him though, NXT is a bigger crowd and most likely a bigger market.

As for Cena/Rollins it might end in shenanigans. Dusty finish or a MITB cash in?

First week without Lucha Underground. :(

... anyway, Takeover: Brooklyn looks great. Nothing against any of the previous specials but I'm glad they're making the switch to a more PPV-esque atmosphere with a bigger crowd. Liger(!)-Breeze, Bayley-Banks, Corbin-Joe, Ladder Match, Vaudevillains could win the titles, too. Also looking forward to Uhaa Nation/Apollo Crews' debut. Btw, Dillinger's Perfect 10 gimmick is hilarious. It could turn him into a star.

I'd actually prefer Cena winning the WWEWHC over Sheamus cashing in (and that's saying something). Seriously. Who the fuck wants to see Sheamus in the main event scene, let alone with the title? And I really hope these Kevin Owens depush rumors are bullshit.

IC 3-Way: Ryback wants to eat Big Show; Miz think's he's hot shit but gets always squashed

Tag Team F4W: It's mainly New Day-PTP with Lucha Dragons and Los Matadores being added to the mix

Stardust/Barrett-Red/Green Arrow: Comic book-inspired feud that oddly makes sense; Stephen Amell is a more convincing performer than half of the roster

Ambreigns-Wyatts: Basically the continuation of Shield-Wyatts; want to kill each other

Orton-Sheamus: Sheamus cost Orton the title; Orton prevented a cash-in

Women's Trio 3-Way Elimination: NXT ladies and Paige made everyone tap out; the Bellas are fucked

Cesaro-Owens: Owens is pissed but walks away from most of his matches; Cesaro (who's over as fuck) wants to kick his ass

Rusev-Ziggler: It's actually Summer-Lana but their boyfriends (who have nothing else to do) are fighting for them

Cena-Rollins, Title vs Title. Rollins broke Cena's nose; Cena is hellbent on tying Flair's record and making Rollins his bitch (his words)

Brock-Taker: Taker kicked him in the balls (again); Brock wants to kill him; Taker says he's gonna have to; Heyman is a god

Four hours is way too long for a show in which only half of the card sounds like a must-see event. But hey, NXT Takeover will probably overshadow a main roster PPV again.